Who Has The Best Broadband Service In the UK?

Just to throw a spanner in all your works, ZenInternet are offering FREE activation now for the rest of the month, and according to ADSL guide they are second only to Nildram and not by much at all.

Just food for thought.

;)

Me and my 3 house mates use NTL 600K broadband with 4 computers using ICS. We regularly download well over 1 GB per day and we've not had a problem. I think NTL basically have this "cap" as a clause in the contract so that if some tossers are downloading 15GB or more everyday, then NTL can tell them to stop. NTL get a bad rep, but they're cheaper than everyone else and slightly faster than most. Give them another try.
PS No I don't work for them he he. :)

I would second NTL ive been using ntl cable for nearly 2 years and NEVER had a single problem, u hear ntl alot in the papers but i guess they only print the bad info and not the good.......... speed is excellent..........and soo is the service.........

Ahh the problem with NTL is that you have to have their phone line too, no?

Then of course the other problem with NTL is that they ban your a** if you somehow manage to evade paying for the ADSL link at the same time :eek: Which would make me Furious.

Of course I bank with freeserve and while it pains me utterly to say anything in favour of <gulp> freeserve their speed just now exceeds the rating of nildram which is currently top of the listing.

But this is probably something local and may not be applicable in other parts of the UK - probably therefore best to look at who's good in your area.

Mubbers

Only thing that I have against NTL is the fact that they use crappy cable instead of DSL. Whats the point of having to dig up streets and so on to implement a technology that isn't as good as DSL, especially when DSL is readily available via normal phone lines anyway.

Mubbers, You must just be really close to your exchange / a freeserve server :p

Originally posted by SPeedY_B
Only thing that I have against NTL is the fact that they use crappy cable instead of DSL. Whats the point of having to dig up streets and so on to implement a technology that isn't as good as DSL, especially when DSL is readily available via normal phone lines anyway.

Mubbers, You must just be really close to your exchange / a freeserve server :p

I know I think they intercept my posts coz right after my last moan re. freeserve the speed went way up!

But in any respect out of interest how is it possible to find out just how close I am - do you mean physical distance or by the number of computer connections...?

Mubbers

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back