Who has taken A+ exam

GRATS Man!

Wow... Im shocked only 1 IRQ??
and no DMA?

It has changed alot... Maybe you should start a new thread, and give people that are looking to take the new test advice... similar to what we gave you on the older A+ Tests.

i don't think i got that many IRQ and DMA questions either when i took mine........ honestly don't remember since that was like.......... almost a year ago.

Well do remember that the questions are random and do pull from a large pool. The fact that you get a ton of a certain hardware/software area and not another isn't that much of a stretch. The test has changed a bit but I don't think that much. Some are just luckier and get an "easier" test is all.

This is only my experience so do not take this as you may.

I only had one 1 question on the following subjects even though I studied them thoroughly; (I/O, DMA, and IRQ’s). Be familiar with the basic RUN commands, such as CMD, COMMAND, IPCONFIG, WINIPCFG, as well as command prompt commands as far back as the DOS commands for directory listings (DIR). Make sure you also know the switches for these commands. Example “Ping 192.168.0.1 –t”. I had a bunch of questions on all of those commands and RUN commands. Make sure you have an understanding of Wireless networks; WEP, WPA, etc. Make sure you fully know you way around windows 9x, 2000, and XP. Know how to get to system properties via right click on my computer and go to properties as well as via the control panel. Almost all things in windows have more then 1 way to get to them, and make sure you know how to do this. And of course you will need to know the general computer stuff such as SCSI and what ID 0 and 7 are usually assigned to, IDE Cables, and how to setup Master, Slaves or just A master or A slave. There was a question on Chip Creek, and I knew that one .

i have testing software if anyone is interested in it PM me.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back