Which XP start menu do you prefer?

Punkrulz

Somewhat eXPerienced
Doing a little poll about the two start menu's, the one that comes standard with XP, as well as the one that 98/2K used, the classic start...

I personally am a fan of the classic start, but now that I'm using XP themes, to get the most out of it I have to use the standard one. I've never been a fan of it because it seems to be confusing at times, as well as when you start using it you never know where anything is... however I'm hoping I'll be able to get used to it.

So which do you prefer?

If you go in there and customize it, you can get the newer Start menu to be quite efficient. Right now, all I have on the right side of the Start menu is My Computer, Control Panel, and Run. It's very small and minimalistic but has exactly what I need and use most.

I personally have mine as a classic setup..

its not that I dont like the winXP menu...

but the classic is cleaner for me :)

I liek minimalist stuff.. and this is it...

I use the xp menu with a few thing turned off
and classic windows folders

definatly the classic one. I even don't use XP themes... classic colors and controls.

Viva grey stuff! :eek:

bloop bloop :rolleyes: :confused: :huh:

sorry, I must leave to take my medecines...

bleep bleep

xp compact.

ignore the question marks. pic was originally for another thread.

menubar.jpg

New style cause with it you no longer need quick launch or so many desktop shortcuts :happy:

Classic Start Menu for me. I like the XP menu, but I found that when I go to use someone else's machine that I've gotten to used to the huge XP styled menu.
So i use a (rather small) classic menu.

My start menu:
startmenu.png

:D

i use XPs menu. I like all the purtty colors. Why pay for something thats just show, if your not going to use it? If you dont use XP Themes and crap, why not ditch it for Win2000?

Classic for me. I don't like the "2 column" style of the new one, and have yet to figure out how to get rid of it. And I don't really use themes.

Originally posted by dubstar
i use XPs menu. I like all the purtty colors. Why pay for something thats just show, if your not going to use it? If you dont use XP Themes and crap, why not ditch it for Win2000?

1: because I can get everything I want to work on XP, whereas there's things I can't get to work on 2K (granted it's only a couple things, but it's important).
2: Pay.. oh, well.. nevermind... :p

-Ryandor

i like the compact start menus like leedogg showed... b0sumi and lcd[XP]slim have them as far as I know....

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back