Which would you want; RAID 0 or nforce dual ddr?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by joshuajme, Nov 15, 2002.

1. joshuajme

joshuajme Guest

At the moment I have a gigabyte via kt400 7VAXP with 2 sticks of 256 ddr 400. It doesn't perform well with them and won't run them at DDR 400, only ddr 266. I do however use the Promise RAID 20276 chip. Would you guys be prepared to sacrifice RAID 0 for serial ATA and the dual ddr memory controllers of the nforce chipsets?

I might just hang on for an nforce serial ata raid chip, serial ata raid does exist but i can't remember for the life of me which manufacturer makes that board. I just really like the look of peak 6gb memory bandwidths, thats faster than rd 1066 isnt it?
  2. BonyTony

BonyTony Moderator

I would take the new nforce chipset anyday over raid....from what i have read.....oh and i like my games so nforce is the way to go at the moment

Yea 2 me 200 posts.:D
  3. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Between Austin and Tampa
    doubt its a higher theorectical bandwidth than the 1066... but it is very very good compared to single channel kt400...

however you NEED 2 clips to make this thing perform well... single clip performance is at or below kt400 levels..

I am saving up to get the asus version of the board... very nice board layout nad features... you can always buy a RAID controller card... :)
  4. rettahc

rettahc Guest

I say go with the Nforce, serial ata is way cool. raid is over rated. plus like Sazar said you can always get raid card.
  5. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

I would want an NFORCE!