which tft screen ?

dragonbeat

old timer
with prices of tft screens down at the moment ,which would be best to buy ,a 17" or a 19" screen ,i don't play many games but i do enjoy watching a good dvd on here . :confused:

The size just depends on the price you're willing to pay. The 19" with the same specs as a 17" will obviously be 'better' if you can pay for it. :)

Some things to consider:
- Look for a display with a good response time: the best ones are currently at 12ms. The lower the response time, the less the 'ghosting' on the screen when there are rapid changes.
- Look for a decent contrast ratio and brightness
- Since you're planning to watch movies/DVDs on this thing, it might be a good idea to look for a widescreen (16:10) display instead of a regular on (4:3)

but the wide screens will cost a lot more :(.

I agree a good response time is vital, most gamming sites recomment 16ms. since he mentioned not playing games something a bit slower will be fine...........just get a 19 samsung, they are not that expensive or try from BenQ.

good luck mate......

also the BenQ i was telling you about is the FP767, retail for about $370, max res 1280x1024, 16.2million colours, 16ms response time.

aight c ya

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back