which tft screen ?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by dragonbeat, Dec 3, 2004.

1. dragonbeat

dragonbeat old timer

with prices of tft screens down at the moment ,which would be best to buy ,a 17" or a 19" screen ,i don't play many games but i do enjoy watching a good dvd on here . :confused:

2. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

The size just depends on the price you're willing to pay. The 19" with the same specs as a 17" will obviously be 'better' if you can pay for it. :)

Some things to consider:
    - Look for a display with a good response time: the best ones are currently at 12ms. The lower the response time, the less the 'ghosting' on the screen when there are rapid changes.
    - Look for a decent contrast ratio and brightness
    - Since you're planning to watch movies/DVDs on this thing, it might be a good idea to look for a widescreen (16:10) display instead of a regular on (4:3)

dragonbeat likes this.
  3. Elektro Slime

Elektro Slime Harware Guru

but the wide screens will cost a lot more :(.

I agree a good response time is vital, most gamming sites recomment 16ms. since he mentioned not playing games something a bit slower will be fine...........just get a 19 samsung, they are not that expensive or try from BenQ.

dragonbeat likes this.
  4. dragonbeat

dragonbeat old timer

:) will take both pieces of advice in consideration when buying :D

5. Elektro Slime

Elektro Slime Harware Guru

good luck mate......

also the BenQ i was telling you about is the FP767, retail for about $370, max res 1280x1024, 16.2million colours, 16ms response time.

aight c ya