Which soundcard should I get?

i'm using the phillips acoustic edge 706 w/ creative labs 5300
5.1 speakers sounds pretty good to me!:cool:

I have Midiland S4 8200 v2.0. Excellent sound quality. Yes they are 5.1.

busto...

logitech makes fine keyboards, mice, and gaming peripherals... but not speakers. buy speakers from a company who has a background based on audio. klipsch will be MUCH better. so will bose and cambridge soundworks. try to get digital, too... it's worth it.

Just ordered a Soundblaster Live 5.1 OEM from Newegg.com. Sorry kids, no money for the Audigy....

I highly recommend the speakers from Creative, I ordered the Inspire 5.1 5300's, but only because I was kinda low on cash, If I hadn't been I woulda got some 7.1's, or digital, but, if you have a SoundBlaster...why not buy speakers from the same company?

That's just my input, I can't remember the name or brand or whatever, but there are companies somewhere making better 5.1's than Creative...

busto and taurus....

Seriously consider the Logitech Z-560's.

They go head to head against the Promedia's in clarity and PUMPITUDE, and most peeps side w/ the Z's....

Either way, they are VERY close in performance.

The determining factor is price.... that in mind, imo there's no question the Z's are a much better deal.

Originally posted by GOTO10
Seriously consider the Logitech Z-560's.

They go head to head against the Promedia's in clarity and PUMPITUDE, and most peeps side w/ the Z's....
eh, being better than a brand like promedia isn't much to brag about. neither is stellar, if you ask me. }:\

In that case Mr. Audiophile, name some better 5.1 multimedia speakers for under 500 bucks than the Klipsch Promedias or Logitech Z-560's..... :p

They are generally considered to be the standard in MM speakers dude....

IMHO Klipsch Promedias sound like crap. I was looking into purchasing some, until I heard the S4 Midiland 8200. Plus, Midiland has an excellent customer service department. :D

If you like half the power, I guess the midiland's aren't bad....

Half the power....:rolleyes: Not even going to fight over this, but do believe everything you read? Here's why I ask:

Example: Onkyo ONK TXSR600: 80x2 @ 8 ohms $500
Sony SON STRDE1075 100x2@ 8 ohms $600

A person, like you who believes what they read would purchase the Sony. Onkyo rates their wattage from the lowest point of Eq settings and other settings. Sony rates their just the opposite, from the highest point. I'm sorry, but I have compared my Midilands to my friend's Promedias, which now he regrets in buying. Please don't assume that something is better just because of what you read.

Riiiiiight..... How the hell do you know what I do and don't believe....? Apparently, a person like you believe's what they own is the best.... (I own neither speaker I recommended)

Its a subjective call, and i wasn't bashing your midilands.... but I happen to know the klipsch are more powerful. Are you denying that? I know people who prefer the S4's because of what they consider to be a 'warmer' sound. (NB. This is because the high-frequency response on the Klipsch's is 'better'.... due to the presence of an actual tweeter)

The wattage on the Promedia's is RMS.... thanks.

Oh and thanks for the info.... I'll be sure to make sure the wattage on my Rotel RMB-1066 power amp.... Only 60 watts/channel??? Shit, I shoulda just bought a sony receiver I guess.... :p

PS. Thanks for the flame. I deserved it....

good lord. if were looking to spend $500 or more on speakers for my computer, i'd just do buy a real dolby digital/dts receiver and real home audio tower and surround speakers. but who the hell wants to sit in their computer chair and watch a movie?

the $150 digital 4-point surround setup i bought 3 years ago is the most i'd ever spend on pc speakers. it can be had for $100 now. it produces some 53 total rms watts of accurate sound, both low and high. the surrounds provide good midrange (which seems to be rare with most current systems) and the bass dips down to around 40Hz. and it provides perfect positioning for games.

but i guess i'm just value-conscious.

Don't worry about the debate, it's why we come here:D

And in reply to:

i like to see the human ear that can make a difference between live! and audigy !

Well, you can't unless you have nice speakers, and I do, and I own both cards, and I can tell the difference, and even if I couldn't tell the difference between the Sound Quality I can tell the difference in the Audigy's EAX performance compared to that of the Live.

Originally posted by UofEEE
Wow...I never thought I'd spark this much debate...

amazing ain't it?

some people just love to debate really silly things, you got that sound card installed yet?

:D :D

Nope...comes either today or tomorrow.....I'll let you guys know what I think compared to the ESS Solo....(yuck). I also get my computer back today! :D

(this said from experience)

Either card would be much better than the ESS Solo... :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back