Which soundcard should I get?

U

UofEEE

My system specs are below, but I want to know if I'd notice the difference with the Pine C-Media 8738 sound card and the Soundblaster Live! 5.1. The Pine card is cheaper, but I've heard bad things about them in the past. I've currently got a ESS Solo-1 2 channel, and it sounds baaaad. I've also got Altec Lansing 2.1 ACS-33 speakers. Thanks!

I'm biased,

Soundblaster hands down. :D

look at my specs. :D

I'd say Soundblaster Audigy myself, but between the two, Soundblaster, anyway, also get some 5.1 speakers, but if you want digital 7.1's or something of that nature get an Audigy, Live series is finefor 5.1's though...

could not agree more if you got the money get the Soundblaster Audigy. But at very least the Soundblaster Live 5.1.

please state your opinion, but don't call other ppl's stuff crap, not nice. :(

I have an opinion about the Santa Cruz from Turtle Beach, but I won't share it, and call it crap.

:D

My opinion, keep the flames away.

The Live! and Audigy are bloated, overpriced, and overrated -- I've owned two of one and one of the other, and none of them are currently in any of my machines. You're better off with one of Hercules or Turtle Beach's offerings -- especially under XP -- and will be spending much less.

i have a live! at first... loved it... then got an audigy and sold my live! to someone... love the audigy even more. i thought the live had fabulous fidelity, but the audigy's is even better.

the only 2 turtle beach cards i've experience were along the lines of crappy and poopoo.

hercules is so-so.

I have an Audigy, the last thing that I would call it is bloated. Sure I only installed half the software for it so that helps but still it is great. Admittedly PlayCentre 3 takes a few seconds longer than most proggies to load but that is due to the size of my MP3 collection.

sb live player

i like to see the human ear that can make a difference between live! and audigy !

sorry my ear doesnt like its picture being taken.

Actually SB Audigy seems to have better compatibility with XP than SB Live, I have had both with XP, the Audigy is better.

The Audigy is definitely more compatible with the NT Kernel. Period.

Originally posted by MaDCeLL
i like to see the human ear that can make a difference between live! and audigy !
when you blast the same songs for 2 years with a particular soundcard then switch, you'll be able to tell the difference. i'm sure the digital speakers helped.

What about speakers??...I got an Audigy about 4 months ago and am finally looking to get a new set of speakers...I've been looking at those Logitech 5.1 THX sets, does anyone have these and are the worth getting or should I spend a few more bucks and get the Klipsch if I get the THX??

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back