Which powertoys version to get?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Slickone, Jun 26, 2002.

1. Slickone

Slickone Guest

M$ updated their powertoys for XP back in April, but from what I've read they removed the ISO Burner and Audio Shell Player and the other ones have only been slightly updated.
    So should I just install the old ones? Then maybe just update tweakui (if that's possible)?

This site seems to have the updated ones plus still lists the old ones, but I'm not 100% sure (the date on the top of the page does say their the updated April ones).

Was the alt-tab replacement made any better? I tried the January one awhile back but it was too slow.

2. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

u can update individual parts of the powertoys, just go to Microsofts powertoys download site and pick the ones u want.

3. Tiny Turtle

Tiny Turtle Guest

A colleague of mine suggested that you need to have the English version of XP in order for the PowerToys to work properly. Can anyone concur (sp?) or deny (hopefully) this?

/TT (Using Swedish version)

4. madman

madman Guest

true.....

5. Tiny Turtle

Tiny Turtle Guest

Two words:

Dang!

and, um, Dang!

/Tiny

6. Binary

Binary Guest

Or maybe it isn't true. I have no problem getting them to work in the Dutch version. So.... Don't know about Swedish though. Why don't you have a try?

7. Slickone

Slickone Guest

Iceman38, I realize that. I don't really understand how that answers my question.

Thanks

8. Tiny Turtle

Tiny Turtle Guest

Good news, Binary. I'll give it a shot...

/T²

9. Miek

Miek Guest

I've installed it on a Swedish version and everything works OK.

10. Slickone

Slickone Guest

OK, if I install the older versions of all the powertoys, is it possible to uninstall only tweakui to install the newer tweakui? The uninstall I saw was only for everything.

What is everyone else doing w/ these?