which pc3200 to choose

WildOptic

OSNN Member
Ok, its finally time for come pc3200 for me....but which one Corsair 1gb pc3200ll or the kingston 1gb pc3500 kit....I just cant decide. What do you guys thing?

I've gotin past an 512 DDR 333 from Corsair - so I recommend it .

if you have a dual Channel Motherboard, I'd go for 2 512MB sticks of Corsair

if you're going to want to overclock your memory past 400mhz, get the pc3500 kit. otherwise, get the corsair kit with lower latencies.

Ok its done. TwinX1024-pc3200ll will be here on Tues. Yes I have the Asus A7N8X-Deluxe with an XP2800+ that i want to up the bus to 200 on....he he. Thanks guys for the input.

Originally posted by Khaled
what does lower latencies means?

faster initial data burst...

latency == time to start.. if you can picture it... :) the lower the latency... the faster data can START moving...

overall memory will transfer @ the same speed it is rated at... all pc3200 == same speed... but lower latency == lower latency pc3200 will be marginally faster than the higher latency versions...

day to day operations will yield no obvious performance increase... may have to benchmark heavy duty stuff to see the performance increases :)

btw... I recommend corsair... they have good memory/reputation and their memory is genrally good for overclocking if you are into that sort of thing... bear in mind... the XMS memory is GOOD... but it is also quite expensive..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back