Which New Generation of Console will you be buying and for how much?

Which New Generation of Console will you be buying and for how much?

• Total voters
Grandmaster said:
Just curious here, but why would that be reason to buy the console?

If you are going to get more in a box for the same price, why not buy the box with more features?
I would get the Revolution because Nintendo seems to be (from Gamecube) the last game console maker. They also have great games so they get my vote.

Also how would you pay the same for less junk? Unless the company was selling for a lost.

Xie said:
Also how would you pay the same for less junk? Unless the company was selling for a lost.

That's true at this point prices are all speculative. But, I am quite sure that MS, Sony, and Nintendo will all math each others price points.

Also, both MS and Sony have been selling at a loss in terms of hardware this generation, and Nintendo has been the only company that actually made money on each unit sold. So selling at a loss doesn't seem like something they won't want to do again.

melon said:
2) PS3. Square-Enix RPGs that I really enjoy, along with a few other games here and there that'll make it worth buying when it gets cheaper.

Big RPGer myself... XBox and Nintendo lack any really good RPGs, and for the ones that they have that are good, they just don't have enough other games that interest me to make me buy them. I almost bought the Xbox when Fable hit but I didn't. I'm a big Sony fan and as long as Squaresoft (SquareEnix now... but it will always be Squaresoft in the eyes of all classic RPGers) still makes games for them then that's where all of the big name titles will be.

I might be in the minority but between a game console (that plays games) and a media center (that does a bit of a bunch of stuff - none all that well), and they are in the same ballpark price, I'm going to put my $ on the console. I'm not going to reward this "lets put everything into one box even if it sucks just so that people will buy it to be cool" type game. If a game console is what I want then a game console is what I'm going to buy. If I wanted a all-in-one media box I already have a Winbox/Mac. :)

Xie said:
I might be in the minority but between a game console (that plays games) and a media center (that does a bit of a bunch of stuff - none all that well), and they are in the same ballpark price, I'm going to put my $ on the console. I'm not going to reward this "lets put everything into one box even if it sucks just so that people will buy it to be cool" type game. If a game console is what I want then a game console is what I'm going to buy. If I wanted a all-in-one media box I already have a Winbox/Mac. :)

Fair enough :)

anyone got any links to the information regarding these systems... please post

xbox purely for halo 3 :D

expext the price to be ~£200 for console + 1 controler + 1 game :suprised:

Un4gIvEn1 said:
I'm a big Sony fan and as long as Squaresoft (SquareEnix now... but it will always be Squaresoft in the eyes of all classic RPGers) still makes games for them then that's where all of the big name titles will be.

I'm still a bit pissed off over the merger, because it's taken them a long, long time to get back up to speed, it seems.

Anyway, I still remember when the original PlayStation came out and I saw commercials for FFVII for it. That's when I knew that PS was more than a flash in the pan like Turbo-Grafx or Neo-Geo. :p

Melon

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back