Which mobo?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by UofEEE, Oct 21, 2002.

1. UofEEE

UofEEE Guest

I'm building my dad a new computer, so I need to know, what do you guys reccomend?
    GA-7VRXP Rev. 2.0-or-GA-7VAXP?
    I'll be using PC2700 memory either way. The mobo will likely end up in my computer since the mobo I have has a warranty at a local shop (since I'm at college, it's no use to me!). But I'll probibly be looking to set up a RAID array in the future as well as upgrading to the Barton core processors (when and if they come out).
    Opinions? Thanks in advance!

2. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

GA-7VRXP Rev. 2.0-.

I have this board, and it works.

:::eek:pens case, grounds oneself, and hugs mobo :::

rev 2.0; I find it to be flawless, I had the first version, and that was screwy, but this one works awsome now. Stable, and comes with a really cool " Oh i am so overclockable " factor. Get that board, you'll be satisfied.

3. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

why is that when I make an " O " it makes that face. err

4. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

if they're about the same price, i'd probly opt for the 7VAXP... gives you onboard firewire and agp 8x. the 7VRXP doesn't have anything over the 7VAXP except it has proven to be just about the best kt333 board you can get. the new kt400 7VAXP has yet to build a reputation, but i'm sure it will be great as well.

5. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

" it has proven to be just about the best kt333 board you can get "

That's right :)

:::hugs mobo again :::
    I saw if you are going to get something higher then pc2700 memory, go with the 7vaxp, or wait till they release a new version of it, a revision, if at all.