which mobo (for P4s)

J

jawshoouh

AMD-lovers need not reply :)

i've got a P4 1.6 and my mobo seems to be toast (see http://www.xp-erience.org/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=20436), i'm lookin to get a new one...

wanna stick with ASUS since i like em, but i'm up for anything under $150. want somethin with UDMA-133 if at all possible, but wanna keep my upgrade possibilities open, as well. here's my current specs:

(practically dead) ASUS P4B266
1GB DDR PC2100
3x80GB Ultra-133 HDDs
2x40GB Ultra-133 HDDs
1 CD-RW
1 DVD-Rom
ASUS Geforce3 AGP

been lookin at the ASUS site and Tom's Hardware but my head's spinning :) any suggestions?

Yep those ASUS boards are good, or ABit.

why not get a Promise ATA133 controller card, I have one for my two Maxtor D740X's, no problems with XP at all, damn fast infact.

i've got one of those promise ata133 controllers...definitely agree with you on that one :)

Originally posted by Jz1397-4
get the ASUS P4T533-C

can't, i wanna keep the RAM that i have instead of buying new RAM, and the P4T533-C only takes RIMMs (i've got DDR DIMMs). looks like a great board, tho

oh, then get the asus DDR one, i really like asus for its service and product.

do you mean the chipsets or the boards? i like the chipsets, just not their boards. Given that their boards are very stable.

the reviews of the SiS chipset on a few ASUS boards look good...anyone have any real-world experience with em?

Don't go with SiS, go with an intel of VIA, i think KT400 is out soon... if now now, (not keeping up with product releases)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back