Which MB to Upgrade to? (now 5 boards)

Originally posted by Kermit
PS ... When I posted about my board I was just stateing I was very happy with the board I know my board does not have the soundstorm, but just that I am very happy with the MSI board and the nforce2 chipset and all the rest :)

I was in a hurry and they did not have the other board in stock so I grabbed this one :cool:
doh! i misread your first post and thought this whole time you thought your board had soundstorm. :eek:

well, at least i got some good information out of it... that last link you provided proved informative. thanks kermit... and sorry. :p

wingman, you shoulda set up a vote. ;)

Doh and hahahaha no problem man I am happy with my sound blaster and logitech 5.1's its loud and clear and I have to keep an eye on my glass cause it walks all over my desk :p

And your welcome :)

Asus is first choice even if you have to sacrifice a few features.

Gigabyte is second but it is not as good an overclocker.

MSI builds crap. MB, Video, etc. all shoddy assembly. If some one has one that works it is an accident.

The others aren't worth commenting on.

The Gigabyte "Dual Bios" backup feature is also a good selling point to recommend it.

I had the MSI and I am gonna say its a good board at stock but thats all , it was way to fussy and needed a wire trick to overclock , I dont regret the MSI it is running rock solid at stock speeds just to my right its a nice 2nd on our Network here at home but if you look at my sig now you see I went and got the GA7NNXP and I tell ya what , hot dog one rock solid , fast , easy to set up, trouble free MOBO and the one you were looking at is the baby sister to mine and have seen a lot of good said about that MOBO, granted all companies have some troubles but I have always found that most of the time its user related, not all the time but lots of the time , so I am saying NO to MSI and changeing camp to Gigaybte :)

I love my GA-7VRX, my dad has an MSI and the Gigabyte board is much more stable. They did have some trouble with the 7VRXP, but mine is running just perfectly, and overclocks fairly well (though I keep stuff running at stock speeds). If you want stability, go with Gigabyte and ASUS, these boards will be the most stable and will offer more bang for your buck. Abit does cater to overclockers, so you may look into that as well. MSI just doesn't cut it for me, my dad's board looks nice, but it's had a few problems. My Gigabyte runs everyday and never gives me any trouble. It also helps to buy a GOOD power supply with plenty of wattage.

I just ordered the GA-7N400Pro from Newegg on Saturday. I've read lots of forums and they seem to say its a good board (aside from the normal rants from people who happen to have troubles). This will be my 3rd Gigabyte mobo and they have always been stable and have decent features.

BTW: The 7N400Pro you quoted was for $123... Newegg has it for 119.99 with free shipping as well. Not much of a price diff but you can also get a free hat and save 4 bucks. :)

BTW(2): If you do happen to get the GB mobo, here's a few forums you might want to check out:

http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/viewforum.php?f=48

and

http://www.amdforums.com/forumdisplay.php?forumid=11

Whatever choice you make, I don't think you'll be too disappointed. Happy shopping!

Do the Asus A7N8X Deluxe. No contest

MSI is making shoddy hardware (seen many bad MB & Vid cards).

Gigabyte is weak for overclocking.

DFI is "off brand" junkware.

ABIT would be a possibility but last I heard they did not have an instantaneous hardware overheat shutdown. A must have for high speed AMD chips. As of the last report only ASUS and I think Shuttle had the added hardware on the MB.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back