Which LCD 1080p TV?

Ok i am looking at these two lcd tv's both have gret reviews seem pretty similar.

Which should i get and why, the price is pretty much the same as well.

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-LNT40...4?ie=UTF8&s=audio-video&qid=1191448907&sr=1-7

Samsung LNT4061F 40" 1080p LCD HDTV $1,480.58

or

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-KDL-40V2...229927-3364754?ie=UTF8&qid=1191448907&sr=1-19

Sony KDL-40V2500 40" Bravia V-Series 1080p LCD HDTV $1,507.14

Buy a Sharp I did and they are by far the best value for the buck

sharp aquos has been using led backlites now for 2 generations of lcd panels and pretty much sets the stage for what everyone else does with LCD. They make the most (lcd panels include cellphones, calculators, or pretty much anything with a lcd screen)..they dominate the market ..and most importantly ..their top tier tv's are still made in JAPAN.

Most people don't associate the name Sharp with ultra-high quality lcd's... but the Aquos is indeed a generation in front of everything else. Kinda like the Pioneer plasma ... both sharp and pioneer have based their entire existance and company fortune on these products ... so an entire company is focused on one or two lines of products for resale ..id bet the farm they make them exactly right.

The sony tv's are good ..but they dont even make them theirselves anymore... not the panel anyway.

If anything else ..at the end of the day ..if some form of high technology is in my immediate future .. the term "made in china" is a big turn-off for me ..and i gladly will spend the additional 10-15% premium for something manufactured in Japan or the USA.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back