Which Laptop to Buy????

I would go 510m cause of the built in wireless, but if you are going to do any gaming at all then then 5160 would be better for you

What do you plan to use it for, mainly?
Will you be carrying it around a lot?

[killa_bunny] said:
I would go 510m cause of the built in wireless, but if you are going to do any gaming at all then then 5160 would be better for you
Geffy, every Dell notebook can be configured with an internal miniPCI wireless card. =)

Nar wont be really Carryin around

Playin Dvd's Games and Internet lol

The 510m comes with Intel Extreme Graphics, which wouldn't be a very good idea if you're going to use the machine for gaming.
The 5160 would be a decent machine if it fits within your budget.

Ideally, the 8600c would be best suited for your purpose. It's a really good all-round machine - Pentium-M, a better video card, and a wide-aspect display which would be ideal for watching DVDs.

(Y)

I'll take a look at the 8600c :)

Do you think its worth getting one now (dont really need just want one lol) or waiting just after X-mas?

I know Dell do some good deals around X-Mas time so might wait til then anyway

A friend of mine just bought an Acer TravelMate 4501WLMi,it has a Intel M 715 [1.5GHz 2MB L2 Cache], ATi Mobility Radeon 9700, DVD-RW, 512MB RAM, Wireless and wired LAN, and XP Pro. Pretty big 15.4" Wide Screen. It runs very nice. I believe he paid $1400, which is about £900 I believe. He bought it through CDW, ordered it Monday, got it Tuesday.

(It's sitting right next to me)

paul2-0-0-2 said:
(Y)

I'll take a look at the 8600c :)

Do you think its worth getting one now (dont really need just want one lol) or waiting just after X-mas?

I know Dell do some good deals around X-Mas time so might wait til then anyway
Yeah, might be a good idea to wait until holiday season if you don't really need it immediately.

j79zlr said:
A friend of mine just bought an Acer TravelMate 4501WLMi,it has a Intel M 715 [1.5GHz 2MB L2 Cache], ATi Mobility Radeon 9700, DVD-RW, 512MB RAM, Wireless and wired LAN, and XP Pro. Pretty big 15.4" Wide Screen. It runs very nice. I believe he paid $1400, which is about £900 I believe. He bought it through CDW, ordered it Monday, got it Tuesday.

(It's sitting right next to me)
Don't know much about that system, but those are some nice specs for that price.
smile.gif

I personally have never used an Acer before this, but must say I am impressed. Doesn't have all the startup crap that Compaq and Dell throw on their laptops. I always gasp when I look at msconfig on them. Just the basic touchpad mouse thingy driver.

i would leave it aprox 1 month, then dell with have christmass offers on :D

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back