Which is the best dual-layer dvd writer?

indyjones

OSNN.net Adventurer
Hi all

Been a while but I am back again!
Anyway thinking of replacing the trusty old liteon 811 for a dual layer dvd writer and I am a bit out of touch.
What would do you recommend? the two drives to get my attention are the latest ones from Plextor and Liteon.

Cheers :)

The trick is to find the damn DVD's lolol

Here in Canada they are rare!

Plextor 716, is the best. It costs a bit more, but the speed and features you get are outstanding.

I just bought the Plextor and it's great. I'd recommend it.

where some threads deleted?

hehe ok ok i was being a little cheaky :)

I still think there's a club though.

"So if you wanna join my gang, my gang" :)

tdk makes a decent one. i went electronics shopping at staples when i was in new hampshire, took advantage of the no sales tax.

Taggert_LOA said:
tdk makes a decent one. i went electronics shopping at staples when i was in new hampshire, took advantage of the no sales tax.
I havn't really looked into the dual-layer but as Tagget_LOA said TDK are good. I had a regular TDK DVD burner and worked great. I think it was a rebadged plextor.

I'm happy with my Lite-On drive although the disc tray seems a bit on the flimsy side.

I still say it doesn't matter and that speed of the drive is more important, and more important still is the brand of DVD disk you buy.

Went for the NEC in the end as it was only £40 for the black one and the plextor drive is much much more, would had preferred the plex but can not afford it currently :( still thanks for the advice guys as least I know the Nec is good :) 3520A think it is...

hey indy best choice :D make sure u get the hacked firmware the nec's operate much better with the ones from herrie www.rpc1.org or his own site, might not be updated though check both www.herrie.org

I paid approx $100-$110 USD for my Plextor PX-716A after rebate ($30) directly from Plextor. As with all of my previous Plextor drives it has functioned flawlessly and I am more than pleased with it.

rotjong

Wait for 6 months until the high density optical drives are on the street then get anything you want for $50. In the mean time don't bother. Media is too damn expensive at $8 or more a blank.

I have a DL drive but won't be buying any media until it's under $2.

Yes in 6 monthes there will be a much better *NEC* its the best burner in the world lol

And I am sure by that in this time all the other company's will have learned how to make DVD burners like *NEC* the best in the world

i just picked up a crap load of dual layer media @ my local k-mart. they had it on clearance. 10 pack for 8.88. i bought all 17 of them lol.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back