Which is the Best Browser Out there?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Slynyc, Sep 14, 2004.

1. Slynyc

Slynyc OSNN One Post Wonder

I know i might have just probably started a browser war just by asking this question. But i would like to know which is the Best browser. I am a current IE user i have been using it for quiet some time........ a think a bit longer than i should have but anyway.... I have gotten tired of all the browser Hijacks and out worms and scripts that infect IE.

So i want to know if i should go with Firefox, Opera or just stick with IE and quit complaining.I don't mind paying for Opera.

I am looking for a browser that is compatible with a majority of websites out there and also has enough plugins to keep websites functionable. I want to know which one is better against browser hijacks scripts..... and all bad stuff. You guys feedback would be greatly appreciate also please try not to kill each other over my question. :p

2. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

I always use IE, only the others to check web pages created.

Love it or lauve it, others will say different. It's what you find best.
    You no need to pay for Opera, just set ads to your liking.

3. the_tazinator

the_tazinator Are we there yet?

I float between a couple.

Maxthon (MYIE2)
    Slim Browser
    Avant Browser
    Firefox

My browser of choice is Maxthon. I like the single window with new pages opening in the tabs rather than haveing 10 or so browser windows open.

4. zeke_mo

zeke_mo (value not set) Staff Member Political User Folding Team

I would have to say firefox, IE still has some speed issues, but I do like IE's download window.

5. blay

blay .:AgoraPhobik:.

I've been using SlimBrowser now for about a year and a half. Great browser.

6. I personally use Opera.

7. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

I only use IE and occasionally Firefox.
    Have been tempted to give Maxathon a good look, but whenever I think about using it I am not in a position to ;)

8. ThePatriot

ThePatriot -=[BOHICA!]=- Political User

Another floater here..Opera usually, but I do use Firefox and IE on occasion.

9. Mainframeguy

Mainframeguy Debiant by way of Ubuntu Folding Team

Mozilla, firefox, and IE. It probably pays to stick with one and I really should get myself to do that.

The question is like asking "what's the best car?" We all know there is a faster one, the fastes on a flat open road will not be quickest in the mountains, and neither of those would get the family to the seaside! So the answer probably depends what you want to do - one problem is that a lot of sites may be written and tested with IE more than other browsers.

Personally I would take a quick look around then switch to one and see how you get along with it.... if you find holes move to another etc. Mozilla is reckoned to be the most comparable - plus it has POP3 email client and IRC built right into it. Personally I think other browsers often have "killer" features which, once you get to find them, you never want to rever to IE. For me the one in Mozilla is where you can highlight on a any page and then right click to open a search page for that text in a new window, combine that with tabbed browsing in my primary wndow and I do not think I will be looking back in a hurry (although I am stil firced to use IE for some corporate websites where the frames seem to not comply and work in Mozilla).

10. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

My preference is Safari. FireFox on Windows though.

It's all about what suits you best.

11. penguin

penguin g0t r00t?

Firefox on both Windows and OS X here.

12. Henyman

Henyman Secret Goat Fetish Political User

firefox :D

best way is to choose a few and try them :cool:

13. Perris Calderon

Perris Calderon Moderator Staff Member Political User

penguin, I thought you loved safari?

14. Teddy

Teddy Boogie Nights...!

Opera. Easy.

15. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

Opera myself, 7.XX is the best on the planet - you can tell that by the number of extensions firefox has to mimic opera, the number of alternative UI's to the IE engine that try and copy opera.

So why use a knock of when you can use the original that does what everything else does - properly.

If the only reason you have against it is that you have to pay, just use the text ad supported version and its free.

16. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

The best browser is what you feel most comfortable using.
    Firefox has been my browser of choice ever since the Phoenix days. 1.0PR was just released today with a bundle of new features and useability enhancements. Try it out and see if you like it.
    [​IMG]

17. ~bk

~bk I Political User

Mozilla Firefox here.

18. Slynyc

Slynyc OSNN One Post Wonder

Hey Guys thanks for your feed back...I am using Opera and i have found it to be pretty good. I only wish that i can remove IE and just use Opera alone. But i doubt that can happen lol. Opera i found to be very fast at loading websites and also is compatibile with most websites. :) . Thanks again

Sly

19. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

Late to post but I use Mozilla (suite choosing browser only) and find it much nicer IMHO then both Firefox and IE. :)

20. LordOfLA

LordOfLA Godlike!

wooo wtg slynyc!!

The only ting you need IE for now is windows update.