Which is faster? P4 LGA775 3.6GHZ or AMD 939 3500??

I would have to say that you will have to wait for pci express to come around for the AMD's until probably the nforce 4 from nvidia pops out and that will most likely be end of the year this year or beginning of next...and sazar is right all the boards from the top companys offer close to the same performance but you have to look at the feature set of the board you are buying and purchase it based on the features it has...

you could buy a board tomorrow from any company and have it be a lemon...these things are very fragile and th eslightest mistake could make one go...I have not heard that one is more likely to go than the other...

look at the features mates

All I can throw into this amd64 business is to avoid the via chipset based boards. Via have always made buggy chipsets and made up for the fact in their driver releases (why do you think there are so many so frequently).

Nvidia has a pretty solid chipset in the nforce3 250gb and the nforce4 is just around the corner. ATI has the Radeon Express chipset coming out soon as well (nforce4/radeon express are pci express chipsets for amd64) so if you want all that pci-express malarky hold fire and read up on the two chipsets a couple months after release.

ok thanks, im definitely goin to wait for amd with pci express, would they be coming out sometime this year?

Dan04 said:
ok thanks, im definitely goin to wait for amd with pci express, would they be coming out sometime this year?

via/nvidia/ati and probably sis are all targeting a q4 release of a demo at least of their pci-E boards...

I'd go with the new 3200 939 processor and get the MSI Neo 2 Platinum board for it. Overclocking the 3200 to speeds of a 3500 has shown that it actually beats the 3500 by a bit. As well as I've heard the 3200 goes higher and compares fairly well with the FX-53 if you go high enough.

the new 0.09 nm process processors from amd seem to oc very nicely... many of the 3000+ and 3200+ processors have been seen to oc easily to around 2.5GHz and above... topping out @ 2.6-2.7GHz...

again, not every processor will do this, but it seems the newer tweaked cores do have improvements..

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back