• Other (Specify in thread)

Votes: 6 10.3%
    Votes: 11 19.0%
  • None

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Possibly 0.71, can't remember. All I did was try and move them from one group to another, instead it deleted them.

Guys, if you use Trillian, or any of the other all-in-one apps (Gaim, AdiumX, whatever), please check the boxes for the IM networks that you use them with (MSN, AIM, Yahoo, ICQ etc) on the poll.

why is Trillian getting poated as an IM system? I thought it was like Miranda - acted as a "unifying" or managing interface to all the various IM client protocols? Or does it have it's own?

Anyway - I use Miranda, which I find less bloated than Trillian. And I onyl voted on the systems I accomodate into Trillian - I think that is the point of the poll/thread? Either that or Trillian does more than I thought.

And while I am here can I hijack thread and ask Marge if there has been any spyware or adware that came with Skype? Any other "catch"? I am asking you especially, because you seem to be a fan if you have comitted to it as your sole IM system! These posts should usefully tell us how MANY IM's people typically have - in my case four, and each for a valid reason (not going into detail here though!)

electrickpirate said:
Trillian Pro 3 for MSN, Yahoo, ICQ and AIM.

Same for Me. Only reason I got AIM and Yahoo was just to have something else for Trillian.

I use Windows Messenger instead of MSN Messenger as Windows Messenger is more business related (which I need). Windows Messenger can be used as a replacement for Netmeeting but Netmeeting is still on XP if you want to use it.

MSN Messenger is more consumer oriented as it has some "perks" ( like games) that are not in Windows Messenger.

Mainframeguy said:
And while I am here can I hijack thread and ask Marge if there has been any spyware or adware that came with Skype? Any other "catch"? )
Nope not a thing,it's 100% clean :)

American Zombie said:
MSN Messenger is more consumer oriented as it has some "perks" ( like games) that are not in Windows Messenger.
you should see the mac version of msn messenger, no perks at all :p

Geffy said:
you should see the mac version of msn messenger, no perks at all :p
mercury
iconsprint2oh.gif

I use Trillian on AIM, ICQ, MSN, Y!. AIM and ICQ are pretty much the same network now since they both use Oscar and can interoperate between themselves. I use mIRC and Xchat depending on where I am for IRC. I tried Skype, but most of my friends aren't half way across the world so thankfully I don't have to talk to my computer. I like the original clients, I just can't run them all at once ... so I used Trillian ... and yes I've probably tried every multi-protocol client out there, but decided on Trillian Pro. I think my favorite all-in-one client was probably yabc. It was really just a jabber client, but right it's too much of a hassle to look for an open and reliable jabber server with the right plugin-ins for external networks. If I had my way, I'd have all my contacts transfer to jabber.

vern said:
I tried Skype, but most of my friends aren't half way across the world so thankfully I don't have to talk to my computer.
Neither are ours, I don't really bother using it or any other but hubby does all the time,usually he types his messages and doesn't bother with the audio :laugh:

I use Trillian. I am thinking about getting rid of ICQ and AIM, and going with msn exclusively, Most of the people I know use MSN, no one uses ICQ anymore, and AIM is getting to be to much of a pain in the rear ..

The thing I don't like about trillian is that it don't support all the amoticans for each client. I wish they would get that fixed. Yahoo! is a joke, it is full of garbage that slows your pc down. Skype is not that popular yet, irc is dead also. MSN, and AIM are the only ones that are growing ..

IRC is dead? Don't know where you pulled that ridiculous notion from, however I can inform you that you're quite wrong.

i don't know if you can do this with the other clients, but you can just copy your whole trillian folder into a ubs drive, then write protect that folder on the usb (don't know why, but a tutorial i read said to, so i did) anyway, i write protected everything but the log folder. so now i can run it on any computer with a usb rather than having to use the clients my friends use, and i dont have to log them off for me to log on.

Yahoo, MSN, and ICQ... NEVER AIM BWAHAHAHA! I refused!@!

If you think AIM is like "tossing a salad" (prison variety) ... press the button..

<----------------------------
:D

Xie said:
Have you tried AdiumX yet? It does AIM/MSN/Jabber/ect.
sorry missed this one, yeah I have tried AdiumX, but for MSN its crap, it changes your username to whatever your email address is so you cant have fun or useful MSN nicknames. That said it was more reliable connection wise than MSN:Mac

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back