Votes: 6 10.3%
    Votes: 11 19.0%
  • None

Votes: 1 1.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
You forgot ICQ! :mad:

I use ICQ mostly, but also MSN. For client I use Trillian. Never liked the default clients. ;)

MSN Messenger and Skype. Used to use ICQ quite a lot too, before MSNM came out. Remembering those numbers was definitely a hassle back then :)

ICQ died a long time ago, either way, added it to the poll now :D

As for the numbers, a great idea in my opinion, no one could argue over screen names that way, because there's always going to be someone who's got your name, or who's name you want. Unfortunately it also means that if there are 1000 users, user-name 1 -> 1000 are guaranteed to be real accounts and can be spammed (a major problem with ICQ).

It's funny, I can remember my, now unused, ICQ number off the top of my head, but not my damned cell number. arf :D

I haven't been bothered to re-install all those IM back on to my machine, but I do use their web version.
MSN most often... integrated mail notification. ;)

mIRC & trillian at the moment.
I think I've got 1 user on my icq, yahoo, aim contact list which I talk to once in a while, the rest are via MSN Messenger. I recently stopped using MSN Messenger and disable the program on this computer. The others here that use it aren't to thrilled about it but if they want to chat with their buddies, they'll have to use trillian. (even though I dislike trillian, it seems kind of bloated/slow).

I chat mainly via AdiumX (AIM) and IRC [though I'm not sure if my IRC vote got counted as I didn't see it in the list till I hit submit and tried ticking whlie page loaded so I havn't a clue if it counted or not]. :p

ming said:
I haven't been bothered to re-install all those IM back on to my machine, but I do use their web version.
MSN most often... integrated mail notification. ;)
Only if you use nasty Hotmail :p

I use MSN cause most people I know are on it, though I dispise the mac client I havent found anything better yet (SPeedY_B if you say Mercury I will smack you, Java is an evil entity and should die)

Then I use IRC a wee bit ;) :p

I had, well still have, Skype. It was alright, I just never really got that much into it. The most annoying thing about it which I dont know if this has been fixed is that if you move from one machine to another your entire Skype contacts list is gone. Its fine on your other machine but they arent automagically copied across. They might be now though, who knows....

Geffy said:
I use MSN cause most people I know are on it, though I dispise the mac client I havent found anything better yet (SPeedY_B if you say Mercury I will smack you, Java is an evil entity and should die)

Then I use IRC a wee bit ;) :p
Everyone! to the tune of the batman theme:

## muh-muh muh-muh muh-muh muh-muh Mercuryyyyyyyyyyyy! murcuryyyyyyyyy! murcuryyyyyyyyy!!!!!! ## *dances*

You love it :p

Geffy said:
I had, well still have, Skype. It was alright, I just never really got that much into it. The most annoying thing about it which I dont know if this has been fixed is that if you move from one machine to another your entire Skype contacts list is gone. Its fine on your other machine but they arent automagically copied across. They might be now though, who knows....
NetRyder (from a different thread) said:
By the way, the Skype contact list issue has been fixed. Contact lists should be sync'd in the next release.
http://www.skypejournal.com/blog/archives/2005/03/contact_list_pr.php

i use AIM cuz 99% of my friends have it and b/c its reliable. and i use MSN to talk to a few friends and family and to check my hotmail

irc mainly, also msn as most of my friends use it ;) i also have skype for random voice chats with people :p

Geffy said:
Have you tried AdiumX yet? It does AIM/MSN/Jabber/ect.

Xie said:
Have you tried AdiumX yet? It does AIM/MSN/Jabber/ect.
nasty, buggy buggy buggy. Managed to nuke half my MSNM contacts with that, not exactly it's biggest fan ;)

SPeedY_B said:
nasty, buggy buggy buggy. Managed to nuke half my MSNM contacts with that, not exactly it's biggest fan ;)
What version? I only use it for AIM but seems to work alright.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back