Which Distribution

Simple question, might be dum but.....Why are most program in Windows not compatible with Linux, is it just because those companies don't make it for it, or?

windows apps work on windows, linux apps work on linux. simple really :)

Linux has a totally differnt ABI to windows so you'd need a wrapper such as WINE - or a virutal machine app like VMWare.

Or easier still dual boot.

I know, but dual booting such a hassel, things should be LINUX lol....

what is WINE? links etc please

shut it, i know I can use google, thought u'd be a faster resource.

Does this program have any problems, is it the best out of all of those kinds, etc etc?

WINE is an awkward app. Really. If you are intending to use a windows application, use windows itself and dual boot.

That's what I was thinking, once I get my sick new computer. I'm just going to make this old one linux, and have the other one Windows. That should work out great.

Thanks for all the help!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back