Which CMS should I use

M

Mecham

First of all if this topic is in the wrong section then I apologise because I was not sure which one to actually put this question in so I chose Coding and Design.

My question:

A really good CMS is hard to come by these days, they are either too darn expensive or just too plain and ugly. There is a huge gap in the market at the moment for a really good CMS to slot into and take the lead, this will be Invision Power's IP Dynamic which when released will surprise us all because its a real powerful piece of software which is actually what I'm looking for.

I am looking for something which has potential and upgraded on a regular basis to keep the flow of clientèle at the moment there are some CMS software out there which really annoy me because I know they have potential but lack upgrades and are plain and ugly. So does anybody know of a really good CMS to recommend to use, I have an idea of a CMS myself and although my PHP sucks big time, it would probably cost me in the region of 10K to pay for a PHP programmer to program a CMS to my specifications and needs. I have estimated a budget of 20K for a CMS and website design for a website. Would you agree this is a reasonable budget.

So the moral of the question should I wait for IP Dynamic and customise this to my needs or create my own CMS...?

I actually love the software "Virtuanews" and it kills me to see this software decline and sink into oblivion, when I know it has so much potential and I know for a fact, if the website was redesigned and re-marketed and brought in line with today's inflation figures it would make a nice profit and bring back clientèle instead of turning them away. Maybe I was a little too harsh there but, you have to agree it does have potential.

James

If you want a good CMS you need to code it yourself with your specific needs in mind. All the "one-size-fits-all" cms's are pretty poor in at least one aspect of things.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back