Which Canadian Bank?

ROFLMFAO. Interest? It's running at less than 1% right now. Not worth the effort.

Bonds pay more depending on maturity.
-- 3 Yr bonds pay ~2.5%,
-- 5 Yr bonds pay 4-4.5%.

If you buy a bond and cash it in before it's maturity, and interest rates have rise (highly probably with inflation and oil prices surging) the face (cash) value will be less than you paid for it. Don't buy a bond unless you can keep it to maturity.

Don't use debit cards for on line purchases. They do not carry the protection of credit cards.

apply for a student visa/mastercard/american express card.
every bank has their own breed of credit cards.

your credit limit might start off fairly low...$500-$1500.
get a cell phone, and make sure you meet all your payments each month.
if you drive a car, put gas on the visa everytime you fill up.

i dont know if paying upfront helps your credit history or not.

yea man, its not the 70s anymore, gone are the days of 20% interest

yeah so the computer thing is actually a good idea right?

just an update, since im using my credit card a lot now i had a couple of questions, lets say i rack up a bill of 1000 dollars, which did a couple of times, it says balance like 278 i called rbc just to check, it turns out i dont have to pay the full 1000, but thats what ive been doing hehe. the lady told me u only have to pay the balance to not get charged interest, am i undrestanding right? that i only have to pay the 278 towards my 1000 that month? and also wanted to know how i can know if im getting a good credit rating, i remember the free credit check thread but cant find it, and everywhere i search its not free on the net :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back