Where To Get Music!

i agree with some of you

it is true record stores jack up prices. the new compilation hopelessly devoted to you put out by hopeless records was suposed to sell for less than 3 dollars. i go to the store and its almost at 10-11. i dont see a problem with downloading music. if it werent for things like napster and such id never even heard of most of the bands i listen to today.

I agree. I know alot of people that would not be buying some of the Cd's that they have if it were not for the internet and mp3's

i agree with you there catch23

i agree with you there catch23 but if you count sum 41 and such as punk then you know their doing it for the money. they dont care about their fans its all about the money.

Punkrockers are human - they sell out too. I personaly think that a true artist would want everyone to be able to access there music.

i know quite a few artists on small labels and unsigned bands who have released their music on the internet, even their full cd.

Originally posted by catch23
The real punks don't sell out...because Punk Rock is more than just music...it's a scene...no other type of music has that type of connection...it's always fans | stars.

If they don't sell out then I guess the ones that do must be "growing up"?

Most of the music on my computer (a couple gigs) is ripped from CDs i own, 80% of it is, and i share it with other people. I use MIRC for downloading mp3s and hooking people up with mine. All those pos Filesharing apps do is give you worms and horrible quality mp3s. I dont see its as a crime or privacy, seeing as how i own most of whats on my computer.

The ultimate do it yourself punk rock band, Black Flag. It all starts and ends there.

Here's a copy of my playlist. Note that 95% of anything by a US artist I have ripped off of Cd's I own, and everything else I am in the process of buying.

In winamp there is an option under "MISC OPTS" to "Generate HTML Playlist". Then I just threw a copy to notepad.

here's my current playlist. This doesn't include about 500 cd's that I haven't gotten around to ripping yet.

I belive anyone that reads that list will be properly humbled. I was.

my brother has about 10 gigs of songs on his computer... BUT that is ONE long list...

my own personal list has topped out at around 500... but I have a tendency to keep deleting my songs when I am few up of listening to them.. I am just not very patient...

:D

p2p programs are junk. the only one i ever used was napster and i never shared what i had

Being someone that listens to punk there is nothing to worry about Catch because there is no scene anymore...With bands like Blink 182 and SUm 41 to New FOund Glory around there can't be a scene...the smaller bands that had really good followings tried to bank on the success of the "MTV" pop bands that I mentioned before and they left their core fans to get the TRLers. There are very few bands out there that actually are still in it for the fans and I can only name one off of the top of my head Propagandhi.

As to downloading mp3s there is no way you can hear punk bands unless you download a few of their songs and then BUY the cd. I've heard way too many bands that sound great live but horrible on cd. Punk bands are the ones that need the money you pay for their cd because they don't have greedy corporations squeezing them for money...

Also on selling out...how bout Less Than Jake touring with Bon Jovi a year or two ago...cough sellouts cough...now they left Fat Wreck Chords to be on Warner Bros.

Originally posted by catch23
The real punks don't sell out...because Punk Rock is more than just music...it's a scene...no other type of music has that type of connection...it's always fans | stars.

Bo**ocks Everyone will sell out given the opportuntiy.

No one refuses cash flashed at them.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back