Where do you like to buy Hwd online?

Discussion in 'General Hardware' started by zoey, Sep 23, 2002.

1. zoey

zoey Guest

Building my 1st PC need some good advise. I had a P2400, Converted it to a P3800e. I have a HP full tower will that work for an AMDXP or a P4. The #of the HP was a pav. 8380. Thanks

2. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

how the hell do u convert a p2400 to a p3800 ? you mean you upgraded a cpu ?

HP full tower might work if its atx and the power supply is above say 350w

:cool:

3. zoey

zoey Guest

New mobo and cpu. it's an ATX with a 350watt. I have to keep the case if possible. My GF gets pissed off when I spend money on it. At least with the same case she really doesn't see too much!!!!!

4. Iceman

Iceman Moderator

lol and thats the cheapest item usually, well one of the cheapest items, should work fine then. the full tower case I mean.

:cool:

5. MiseryQv2.1

MiseryQv2.1 Guest

I like Newegg.com...

6. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

7. Kevin Ar18

Kevin Ar18 OSNN Senior Addict

In addition to what NetRyder suggested, here's one
    www.pricegrabber.com

Be cautious at pricewatch though as you don't know the return policy of some of those guys.

8. [CpK]Bastid

[CpK]Bastid Guest

newegg
    directron
    ocsystem

havent had any problems with merchants found on pricewatch.....tho you should read the merchants policies......the only "bad" experience i had was that a merchant sent me two burners for the price of one........its a mess up in my favor but still a mess up
    that was from cdrexpress

9. chastity

chastity Moderator Political User

I've dealt with TigerDirect.com they may not be the cheapest or have the best prices but they do have good quality products.

TigerDirect

10. john-kim

john-kim Guest

Newegg, They are great, bought my whole system through them except my memory, got that direct from Crucial.:D

11. SickBoi

SickBoi Kicker of Elves

I had a really bad experience with directron i will not buy from them again.. check out their forums.. its all people complaining about junk hardware..

12. da rock

da rock Guest

newegg seems to have pretty fair prices ,ship fast and have
    good rma support

13. JJB6486

JJB6486 Retired Mod Political User

newegg.com

JJB

14. Bob S

Bob S Guest

Newegg is really good on returns and they ship fast. Use them all the time. The only downside is they have no tech support, so if you need it...forget it.