Where can I get windows media player 8?

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by SECProto, Jul 25, 2002.

1. SECProto

SECProto Guest

I'm tired of 9, I searched around microsoft subsites for an hour and coldn't find anything. Could someone give me a link to where I can download WMP8 for windows xp, or the download link itself? Please?

2. Glaanieboy

Glaanieboy Moderator

Well, since it is integrated in Windows XP, it is impossible to find a download link, unless someone forked out WMP 8 out of XP and made a standalone installer for it, but that is beyond impossible. I suggest you keep an eye out on this thread.

3. loppdawg69

loppdawg69 Guest

Windows Media Player 8 not winamp..i understood ya just wanted to let you know

4. Reg

Reg eXperienced!

If you are running the SP1 Beta for Windows XP, you can uninstall WMP 9 and revert back to 8. Just go to your Add/Remove Programs and Click on Windows Programs. You should see a link to uninstall it.

5. Jaron

Jaron Guest

get WMP 8 here.

You can get Window Media Player 8 here. It's a version ripped from XP for Win2k.

6. chastity

chastity Moderator Political User

Well you were able to get WMP8 from the link Jaron posted but it seems that you can't anymore. So the only thing's I can think of is a: searching the net for it. b: doing a repair to the OS with an XP cd but I don't know if that would fix this problem. c: check and see if you have a restore point somewhere before you installed WMP9. If all of those fail to resolve the problem the only thing left is a reinstall of the OS

7. SECProto

SECProto Guest

I guess I'll just have to live:( I don't have SP1 beta installed. I'll get the real one when it comes out...It is free if you already have Windows XP installed right?
    It's not that I want to remove WMP 9, it just stopped working because i downloaded something off of Windows Update yesterday, and now it won't work anymore. I'm thinking maybe ill try uninstalling the update and it might work again:confused:
    EDIT: Okay, cant uninstall the update, it isn't in add/remove programs. And when i say it won't work, i mean when i open any media file in it, when i try it says "No such interface supported (Error Code = 0x80004002, Condition = 115)"
    Below that, it says "click here for more help.." I click there, and it says no more help is available.:(

8. chastity

chastity Moderator Political User

Well I did a little search on Microsoft's web site and found a bunch of links related to the error message

error message info

9. seeya

seeya Guest

i also got this problem. WINDOW MEDIA PLAYER 9 SUX !!!! DAMN SUX !!!