Where can I download a free colour/shade swatch to pro. print & cali my monitor with?

BlackScarletLove

Where can I download a colour/shade swatch that I can get printed professionally to calibrate my monitor with?

I am a photographer. I want to finally be able to print my works and sell them, but I need to make sure what I see on my monitor is what will come out of the print shop. Where can I find a professional, or mock-professional swatch that shows a large range of colours and shades that I can get professionally printed out and subsequently calibrate my monitor to?

I'm looking for a free image, not something I have to pay to download, so none of that.

Re: Where can I download a free colour/shade swatch to pro. print & cali my monitor w

you'll need to get ahold of special monitor calibration hardware and software if you want to calibrate it professionally. This isn't something you can do for free.

Re: Where can I download a free colour/shade swatch to pro. print & cali my monitor w

I have seen this type of hardware and software sold threw store like best buys, tigerdirect, and a few other place it was cheap either.

the "proper" stuff I've only seen on sale >£1000 here in the UK.

Damn, man, I'm a student, not a doctor; seriously I know that there is 'software this' and 'hardware that'. Hell, I can even pay 50 bucks for a piece of paper with a colour/shade range on it, I've seen it in the stores, but really, logically it seems to me that if I professionally print out a picture with a wide range of colours and shades, in the colour palette I am going to be using, from a few different professional printing places, and then adjust my monitor manually in medium lighting to match exactly what I see on the picture, then what more do I need to ensure that what is on my monitor is what is on the paper?

There is more ways to skin a cat, then using a $750 scalpel. /:| :rolleyes:

You said you wanted to do this "professionally" which to me means "properly" not on the cheap.

The only way you can guarantee your screen matches paper is to have it "professionally" calibrated with colour measuring attachements and colour profiles. It's expensive, but the results are vastly better than eyeballing it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back