When i switch users in XP pro it shuts down

canadian_divx

Canadian_divx
i am stumped on this one. when i tell windows to switch users the HDD powers down. when i log off and go into a new user it works fine.

there is nothing in the bios to shutdown the HDD, and services have not been changed in xp, i hvae done a repair, a format and reinstall,
is it possable that the motherboard is messed????

any other ideas,

all tests were done in a controled enviroment and the PSU tests ok, and it was just with windows and updates no other software, no viruses or anything

any ideas????

Well if it only happens when you try and switch users w/out logging off it shouldn't be hardware related so you can rule that out. I would look @ user settings perhaps. At what point during the switch does this happen? Is it as soon as you hit switch users or after you choose another user? Perhaps a corrupted user profile? Anyhoo I'm sure someone will come on in with an answer that'll help. :)

it happens when i pick a new user and when i am logging into t hat user it shuts down the HDD, nothing else i just hear teh HDD spin down, not even on a restart does it spinn down,

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back