What's Your Job?

Henyman said:
try my job for hard manual labour :speechless:
I used to do your job,full time,6 days a week and it was quite hard so I'll let you off :lick:

nothing gets a sweat up like trying to fill the shelves quicker than customers empty them :eek:

though technically i'm not suposed to fill shelves as thats what staff are there for, i'm there to manager them filling :p

As of tuesday im going to be working in a call-centre, wages are variable because i work from a commission based plan. However by base rate is $4.10 per hour, but i have the ability to earn £10.00 per hour, just depends really on how much you put in.

nix said:
As of tuesday im going to be working in a call-centre, wages are variable because i work from a commission based plan. However by base rate is $4.10 per hour, but i have the ability to earn £10.00 per hour, just depends really on how much you put in.
Your not gonna be doing cold calling are you??? :speechless: :lick:

Last edited:
I would imagine so, cold calling is generally commission based, inbound call centres have fixed wage. :)

Well, it fairly safe though, the only chances of me calling you is if you are privately advertising a car for sale. Also, we aren't selling anything we only offer a free small magazine based around motoring. You can either recieve it by post or by e-mail.

None of this, "Hello, buy my kitchen" style stuff :p

Henyman said:
Ok been a while since a thread like this, so what do you all do for a living + how much you earn? :rolleyes:

2 jobs ago i was in charge of 30-60ish people working for exxon exploration company making pretty much whatever i wanted ..upto 120k/year + living expenses and the private use of company vehicles.

Most recently i was a train conductor/engineer making 100k+ but going to work sometimes 40 times a month.

Now im retired due to a neck injury from a train accident and live off a measley 14k/month or so from oil/gas well royalties and what the jury awarded me do to my injuries at work.

So yeah now im going to college for something ..not quite sure yet

nix said:
Well, it fairly safe though, the only chances of me calling you is if you are privately advertising a car for sale. Also, we aren't selling anything we only offer a free small magazine based around motoring. You can either recieve it by post or by e-mail.

None of this, "Hello, buy my kitchen" style stuff :p
You'd have no chance of finding my number anyway so I'm safe :lick: I hope you never ring anyone like my mother,she detests people who coldcall and blows whistles down the phone at them :dead: :laugh:

Evil Marge said:
...I hope you never ring anyone like my mother,she detests people who coldcall and blows whistles down the phone at them :dead: :laugh:

Hell, i would just whistle back. Kind of a morse-code thing we could get in on :p Personally though, i scream expletives down the phone at them, but during work hours, im sure to get the same types of people, so i will just humour them. Better making them laugh rather than letting some poor soul get worked up over something :p

trainmaster77 said:
Now im retired due to a neck injury from a train accident and live off a measley 14k/month or so

thats 168k/year. holy crap.

Last edited:
Your quotes mixed up,that was posted by trainmaster not Henyman :laugh:

Unwonted said:
Hey! I used to work for them back when they had MSN! Dunno if they still do or not.
I dunno either. I'm in the mainframe area, I know they aren't there. I have no clue as to all the midrange clients.

My job is physical, I walk and run all over the buildings.

Jewelzz said:
I dunno either. I'm in the mainframe area, I know they aren't there. I have no clue as to all the midrange clients.

My job is physical, I walk and run all over the buildings.

Like Godzilla? :nervous:

Network Administrator / IT Manager / Webmaster
In charge of myself
No staff

70 user network / 8 servers / All Windows network

Due to my contract I'm not allowed to discuss salary and such.

Systems Administrator
78 servers and roughly 350 workstations.

Salary = about $60,000

funky dredd said:
Systems Administrator
78 servers and roughly 350 workstations.

Salary = about $60,000

madmatt said:
Network Administrator / IT Manager / Webmaster
In charge of myself
No staff

70 user network / 8 servers / All Windows network

Due to my contract I'm not allowed to discuss salary and such.

FOLD.

:cool:

Btw, it's weird how the salary thing goes isn't it?

Evil Marge said:
Does nobody do hard labour these day's?? Wheres all the plumbers, joiners, sparkies, builders etc? :lick:

They don't use computers. :p

*runs'n hides before he gets pummeled*

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back