What's Your Job?

Sazar said:
Sooo, whats the next big virus symantec is releasing to spur sales :cool:

j/king.... j/king :D

My brother in law is doing almost the same exact thing here at AMD. Definitely try to get your foot through and keep it there if thats what you want. Opportunities at good organisations don't come round too often, and the benefits ROCK ;)
LOL! Wow!

I guess I forgot to put what I did in my first post. I'm a Hardware Developer/Analyst for Keystone Automotive Inc. We build and maintain point of sale systems for auto stores. I'm with Mellon...salary discussion is taboo 'round these here parts! :cheeky:

Supervisor of Computer Operations at ACS. An outsourcing company which acquired myself and a few others in an acquistion almost 2 1/2 years ago.

Money could be better but it pays the bills, kinda :p

I design delivery systems for weapons of mass destruction. I started out in bio-med but it payed crap.

Salary: Almost as much as my wife spends.

Sazar said:
Sooo, whats the next big virus symantec is releasing to spur sales :cool:

j/king.... j/king :D

My brother in law is doing almost the same exact thing here at AMD. Definitely try to get your foot through and keep it there if thats what you want. Opportunities at good organisations don't come round too often, and the benefits ROCK ;)
Haha I wouldn't know. I don't work on the NAV team. Will have to hop over and ask them sometime. :D

NetRyder said:
Haha I wouldn't know. I don't work on the NAV team. Will have to hop over and ask them sometime. :D
Can we be expecting to see your name in the credits? If so what are you working on? that is if it isnt secret ;)

Jewelzz said:
Supervisor of Computer Operations at ACS. An outsourcing company which acquired myself and a few others in an acquistion almost 2 1/2 years ago.

Money could be better but it pays the bills, kinda :p

Hey! I used to work for them back when they had MSN! Dunno if they still do or not.

zeke_mo said:
Can we be expecting to see your name in the credits? If so what are you working on? that is if it isnt secret ;)
Hmm...I haven't actually seen credits in any of Symantec's products, but my name would appear on stuff that nobody outside the company would see - as comments within the code, in the repository changelists and bug tracking system etc.
I'm working on the SystemWorks 2006 team, by the way. :)

Please knock some sense into them netRyder....<jk> hint "system resources"

Personal Banker at Bank One, name going to change to Chasse soon though.

Still in training but the salary is awesome and the commission plan is even better!

Making a lot more money than if I would have gone with my major in college(Advertising with a double minor in marketing and multimedia)

To all people not out of school yet...if you can't get internships or are still in High School try and get jobs at restaurants. If there is no age limit (to serve alcohol as a server) BECOME A SERVER. You make great money (usually at least ten dollars an hour) and it's all in your hand when you leave work that day. I put my way through school as a server at Chili's and made a killing!!!

steel company, chemical engineer in the environmental and energy area of engineering.. salary $50,000 CDN per year...just started, loving it..

Automotive Techincian (aka: grease monkey, gear head, motor head, mechanic, wrench turner :p) Doing Electrical/Computer System diagnostics, Engines, Brake and Suspension Systems... blah blah blah... and everything else in between the front and rear bumpers. :p

Money... Hey I love to work on cars, yeah and trucks. Mostly Saabs and Volvos and all the imports. Yeah and some American too. But I do get payed. Not bad, but not enough, since i'm not a millionare yet.

Hell if I ever sold all my tools and diagnostic tools, I would have a down payment on a house. Well, maybe not in California. :p

Does nobody do hard labour these day's?? Wheres all the plumbers, joiners, sparkies, builders etc? :lick:

Evil Marge said:
Does nobody do hard labour these day's?? Wheres all the plumbers, joiners, sparkies, builders etc? :lick:
Everyone probably got pissed off with them ripping everyone off and just does the job themselves.

Evil Marge said:

Painter and Decorator (Qualified lol) and Bricky soon :p

SPeedY_B said:
Everyone probably got pissed off with them ripping everyone off and just does the job themselves.
Yeah and now these day's it's the pc cowboy's ripping everyone off :crosseyed:

Evil Marge said:

try my job for hard manual labour :speechless:

Working part time as a sales-person at Dixons (the Netherlands). I've been doing this job for 5 years, I intend to quit to find me a 'proper' :)P) job after I finished school (should be around spring 2006).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back