What's your favourite theme program?

Discussion in 'Desktop Customisation' started by Blade195, Jun 14, 2004.

1. Blade195

Blade195 OSNN Addict

What's your favourite and why? (e.g. windowblinds, styleXP, etc..) :)

2. Admiral Michael

Admiral Michael Michaelsoft Systems CEO Folding Team

the uxtheme patcher :D cuz theres no extra program to run.

3. Blade195

Blade195 OSNN Addict

Isn't that a hack more than a program? I never used it so.

Personally, I really like Windowblinds, although that's not surprising when I haven't tried any other. Do the others provide different themes/styles/icons?
    Object desktops icon packaging is great as well. So its very customizable. I luv it :) Can you do that with UXtheme?

I'd like to have a try at it... What's the latest version?

4. NetRyder

NetRyder Tech Junkie Folding Team

The UXtheme patch. WindowBlinds 4.x can do a lot more, but I don't like it personally. Besides, all of my favorite themes are available in the visual style format that works with the uxtheme patch.

the_music_man likes this.
  5. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

UXtheme patch, but this poll thing has been done to death.

6. ~bk

~bk I Political User

UX Theme Patch. :)

7. muzikool

muzikool Act your wage. Political User

Hmm... what everyone else said. ;) It's just too good to pass up if you don't have to install and run another app.

8. Blade195

Blade195 OSNN Addict

:p I brought it back to life... hehe. My apologies, I couldn't find the post when I searched for it. Hmm... I definitely gotta give UXtheme a try.

Okay, from previous posts regarding UXtheme, I realize that you can use any theme with this. So I downloaded a few, but it changes nothing. Sometimes it just comes back to the old non-xp theme. I see some .dll files in the folder. Is that supposed to be in windows/resources/themes folder as well?

Note: My windows is installed in Korean. The start button, for example, is in korean... Could that be the problem when the VS is not being applied?

9. Evil Marge

Evil Marge I Rule Political User

Style xp for me,that UX Theme Patch thingy kept giving me errors saying files had be changed and insert xp disc :rolleyes:

10. Beginning

Beginning I'm Beginning Somehow...

:) I like my PatchXP.exe...... :)

11. Admiral Michael

Admiral Michael Michaelsoft Systems CEO Folding Team

Have you installed SP1a? Cuz when I did windows would automatically restore the patched file. You would have to delete the backup.

12. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

I use uxtheme.dll patch/hack :)

13. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

I paid for StyleXP, must have been drunk or something, but I also paid for a years subscription to Object Desktop -- definatly drunk... but I use WindowBlinds on my laptop and StyleXP on my desktop.

14. Xie

Xie - geek - Subscribed User Folding Team

And then you sent money to Xie cuz you was drunk :rolleyes:

15. Blade195

Blade195 OSNN Addict

Thanx Admiral...

Okay, it's working now. I downloaded the Abyblue theme and it looks great. However, I'm not seeing the icons that I saw in the screenshot of Abyblue at deviantart.com. Do I have to download them separately? If so, will the UXtheme patch be able to apply the icons as well? Thanx alot.

[EDIT] Oh ignore this one. I searched the forum on icons and realized i DO need another program. I don't think i'll bother with that.

16. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Well that would explain that big bank withdrawal, thought it had all gone to that hooker, phew ;)

17. the_music_man

the_music_man aka prodj88 =P

i like my theme patcher too. at first it didn't work but after format and etc it worked. stupid windows...

18. Lee

Lee OSNN Proxy

I just like classic windows. I have modified my computer, network places and recycle bin. My computer is my computer with a palet, my network places is 3 small monitors and recycle bin is a treasure chest.

19. Dublex

Dublex Quazatron R6 droid

I use StyleXP which you do have to pay for if you want to support the software but it handles themes pretty well and I try and support authors as much as possible :)