What's up with 'sponsored Links'?

Discussion in 'Site Problems & Feedback' started by Shade2074, Aug 2, 2004.

1. Shade2074

Shade2074 OSNN Addict

I noticed recently a lot 'sponsored Links' on the OSNN web site (and a few others.) At first I thought that I had inadvertently downloaded some kind of search bar but I see that it’s only doing it with specific sites... IS this just server side? :confused: I personally find it annoying, but I do understand the need to support the site. :rolleyes:

By the way, I’m sorry if this was the wrong place to post this I couldn’t see a forum for web site related questions so I tried to find the closest topic that would fit this. :(
  2. Electronic Punk

Electronic Punk Administrator Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Copenhagen, Denmark
    Yeah, was slightly the wrong place so I have moved it.
    I was contracted to add the links and I am stuck with them for a while so I have moved them off the frontpage and into the articles themselves.

In their current state they are default, I am going to have a play with them and make the links less obvious (ie not green and nasty)

They are server side and do not install anything on your PC.
    Shade2074 likes this.
  3. Shade2074

Shade2074 OSNN Addict

Ewe I'm sorry I totally missed this forum. I'm glad to hear I didn't accidentally install a search bar though (which is what I thought I had accidentally done).

Thank you very much for the quick response, as well as trying to clean up the appearance of the links for everyone – I have to admit that’s very thoughtful most other web administrators would just leave it as it is! Great job and a GREAT site!

Thank you! :)