whats this thing called.

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by ek5, Oct 31, 2002.

1. ek5

ek5 Guest

whats the actuall name of those little menu's? Also does anybody have any idea how to change the colors on it, on the orginal xp theme it's all blue with green and such. Any help would be appreciated thanks.

2. vdubVR6

vdubVR6 Guest

Do you mean the common task folders....and not sure on how to change the colour scheme except to d/l a theme or visual style.

3. andy_rose

andy_rose Moderator

that will be the shellstyle.dll

4. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

XP refers to those menus as 'common tasks' and they can be toggled by right clicking my computer, going to the advance tab, and proceeding to performance settings (top section).

andy_rose (like most of the time) is correct, shellstyle.dll is the file that affects the colors and looks of that side menu along with background color, highlight color, and so on.

5. ek5

ek5 Guest

ah. thx alot fellas.

6. Jolinda

Jolinda Guest

OK... how in the hell do you get your signatures added on... all I know is to type something.

Be gentle, I am totally N xp-erienced at all this stuff. Took me 15 minutes just to find out what a thread was. Geezzzzzzz

Yours truly,

Un-XP-erienced female :)

7. sboulema

sboulema Moderator

hello and welcome to Xp-erience.org :)
    to add a signature got to user cp -> edit profile. There you can change your signature. If you want a pic in your signature just upload the pic to a server and put it between [​IMG]