Whats the slowest CPU for win XP

Z

zoey

Whats the slowest CPU and RAM you have used on win XP and worked.

I have an old P2 350 - 128mb Ram. My friends dad wanted to use it for word and excel, mabey surfing. So far it seems to be ok.

Put another 128MB RAM in there and turn off a lot of the eye candy (classic theme with no animations and stuff) and it should be ok.

JJB

Ram is important even in future ..
Tested on : PIII800 - 128 Ram - worked fine .

working good on 1.2GHz, 256MB ram, with clear type on

yea. ive gotten xp to work on a 386 200mhz with 64 mem. lol. this is a REALLY old computer. just disable about everything like "eye candy" and about 75% of the services. go to http://www.blkviper.com and there is a bunch of info on windows 2k and xp services.

I am running on my 3 year old 500 Mhz Celeron CPU and 256 MB SD Ram and it is running good. Just have to be careful about how many programs I have running. Two to three programs running at the same time is ok.

I am considering buying a new computer next year. Money is a problem so I have to save.

Same as Jason Roberts...500 Mhz Celeron CPU and 256 MB SD Ram after the upgrade of ram....used to have 64mb ram and it still worked....just don't run too many proggies at once..lol

Hey Jas you live up the road...I live in Rocky....CQ RULES!!!!!:p

Alloy25:cool:

Originally posted by alloy25
Same as Jason Roberts...500 Mhz Celeron CPU and 256 MB SD Ram after the upgrade of ram....used to have 64mb ram and it still worked....just don't run too many proggies at once..lol

Hey Jas you live up the road...I live in Rocky....CQ RULES!!!!!:p

You live in Rockhampton?! :eek:
I live 30 minutes away from Rocky. I visit the city every Wednesday and Thursday for TAFE studing IT.

You live in Rockhampton?!
I live 30 minutes away from Rocky. I visit the city every Wednesday and Thursday for TAFE studing IT.
I know where Mount Morgan is......Wat a big coincidence...

And I know and went to school with a guy named Jason Roberts..

Bigger coincidence:eek: :eek:

Small World this here Internet:D

working fine on a 5 year old 363mhz machine with 192mb ram here :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back