Whats the fastest youve downloaded ?

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by zman, Dec 7, 2001.

1. zman

zman Guest

At work i was getting 225Kb/sec == lots of mp3 from Kazza :)

and loving it

at home on DSL 70Kb/sec

i want a t3 connection at home

2. mavis

mavis Guest

I've gotten over 350Kb/sec+ at home, that was of course before @home filed for Chapter 11 and AT&T took over, capping my upload speed at 1.5Mbps (used to peak at around 3.7Mbps or more)...

Bastards... :) Anyway, not bad for cable, until you take into account the 128K upload cap... lol

Also, I live in the ghetto so I'm sure I'm one of maybe 50 people on my entire street with a computer, let alone a cable modem... hehe

mavis

3. Highwind7777

Highwind7777 Guest

very very max at around 860KB/sec which settled down to 540KB/sec. I dont know how I did it with @home. this was like 5 months ago tho

4. existenz

existenz Guest

this is true of highwind777, because he spends his time 24/7 tweaking his computer. he has no life.

:)

5. andywoo1

andywoo1 Guest

6. ZeroChaos

ZeroChaos Guest

I don't know about fastest downloads, but I've uploaded at around 6mbits a second, and that's on NTL Cable with 512k/128k. My friend's download of Abode Photoshop 6 was done in no time :D

7. XP PRO

XP PRO Guest

I once downloaded a UNIX OS from Sun Microsystems, the speed came in around 700kb, the highest peak was about 735kb and the lowest was around 350kb. Must say, for a download as huge as almost one gig, it didn't take very long! :)

8. Marley

Marley Guest

Thank yourselves lucky

If only i could get broadband internet access in my area

My highest download speed is 7.5kps as the highest speed net access i can get is ISDN (64k)

The tel companies in the UK SUCK big styleeee!!!!:(

9. GeeZuZz

GeeZuZz Guest

This is true: i downloaded at 7.9 KB/s one time. :)

it usually is around 7.5... :)

ISDN rocks. (not) :(

Still waiting for broadband to be available where i live.

10. Fubak

Fubak Guest

I've downloaded at 1Mbps before (1024Kbps)

Cable modem :)

11. MdSalih

MdSalih The Boss

hmmm

atm my adsl ISP BT Openworld are a bit messed up... been able to download 2 times the speed i should be able to, been getting 110-120 - stable instead of the 64 i am ment to :) been going on for about 2 and a half weeks... I don't mind though :)

MdSalih

12. ZeroChaos

ZeroChaos Guest

I'm surprised you can even use BTOpenWoe, MdSilah :) I tried it, and was immediately disappointed with the service been constantly down and slow speeds (4-5kbps) when it did eventually came up.

NTL isn't that much better for the majority of its customers, but the quality of service where I live is excellent :)

13. Highwind7777

Highwind7777 Guest

AHH!!!! 4-5kpbs?!!! thats worse than 28.8K modems!!! thats like 0.8K/sec!

14. ZeroChaos

ZeroChaos Guest

4-5kbps is the average for 56k modems. :confused:

15. Dory

Dory Was LadySunshine

Fastest... probably around 380k/s with my cable modem from Road Runner. It's not too bad of a speed but my upload speed really REALLY stinks! [​IMG]

16. V12Kid

V12Kid Guest

I have downloaded at 7.62 megs and even 10 megs 1 time. Speed is great and addictive :p

17. Highwind7777

Highwind7777 Guest

rofl ZeroChaos. I don't mean to diss you, but 4-5kbps is shit and is not the average 56K connection speed. 56K is usually around 4-5kiloBytes per second or 32-40kbps.

18. cychem

cychem Guest

Fastest ever 5 mbps, usually 1.5 -3 mbps on cable modem. I guess I'm lucky after reading some of the earlier posts.

19. ZeroChaos

ZeroChaos Guest

:eek:

Guess that's the state of 'Broadband Britian' then :)

/me pats my NTL Cable Modem :)

20. AndyP

AndyP OSNN Senior Addict

Speed!

Hehe, I guess this is not fair, but I mostly use a rented line that has a max of 100MBPS. Never downloaded from a server that has that upload speed though, so I have never tested it to the max.

Here's a picture from me downloading a redhat 7.2 iso-file yesterday:
    http://www.ia-stud.hiof.no/~andreasp/dload.jpg