What's Office Groove?

Jewelzz

OSNN Godlike Veteran
Just installed Office 2007 and have no clue what Office Groove is, anyone have a clue?

i never bothered to find out, but one thing it is is intrusive. when i next did a clean install i made sure to uncheck it, as well as "onenote"

Also wanna know if you can convert to .pdf with 2007? In 2003 I had the lil adobe icon on my menu bar, to convert, but that doesn't seem to be an option in 2007 :(

Hmm, I didn't see anything. Will have to look again

Also wanna know if you can convert to .pdf with 2007? In 2003 I had the lil adobe icon on my menu bar, to convert, but that doesn't seem to be an option in 2007 :(
As mentioned, if you have the full version of Acrobat, there should be a pdf printer you can "print" the documents to to create a pdf.

If you want the Microsoft version to do a "save as pdf" option, you can download the optional pdf plugin for office 2007.

As for groove, it is a collaboration package. To quote Microsoft
Office Groove 2007 is a collaboration software program that helps teams work together dynamically and effectively, even if team members work for different organizations, work remotely, or work offline. Working in Groove workspaces saves time, increases productivity, and strengthens the quality of team deliverables. Office Groove 2007 is just one example of how the 2007 Microsoft Office system helps teams and organizations collaborate more effectively.
I can see possible potential in larger environments that are geographically dispersed and if you pop in Sharepoint and the Groove Server, there are some neat things you can do.
But right now, since no one really knows what to do with it, it's pretty useless

More info on the Microsoft Groove site.
They have a animated demo As well.

Jules, the plug-in that fitz pointed out works great.

As for Groove, I installed it and gave it a try only to find out I have no use for it. On the other hand, OneNote is an amazing application that I have been using since its introduction.

The Office Groove is the dance I do when it's time to go home for the weekend. Are we talking about the same thing here? :D

Thanks fitz, I saw where you can download a plugin for pdf format... I would rather not add a plugin since I already have the full version of adobe. I just wanted to know if I could create a pdf file from word the same way I used to and apparently I can't :(

I thought the "Office Groove" was the term used by field techs to define the stupidly level of the user from a slight decline to someone who is good to the pit in the middle resevered for particularly stupid users :)

Thanks fitz, I saw where you can download a plugin for pdf format... I would rather not add a plugin since I already have the full version of adobe. I just wanted to know if I could create a pdf file from word the same way I used to and apparently I can't :(

LOL.. well, technically, as I remember, adobe installs a plug-in to add the toolbar option in previous version of word.. so either way you're working with a plugin (unless i'm wrong about adobe using a plugin - i have been known to be wrong... on occasion.. from time to time..) It may be that the adobe plug-in doesn't work with office2k7, or that the new install overwrote the plugin and didn't carry it over. Have you tried to repair/uninstall/reinstall adobe to see if it would readd the adobe icon?

edit: oh.. in case you didn't know (and for the education of anyone else that might care) the Microsoft plugin to save as pdf was supposed to be part of Office 2007. Adobe threatened to sue MS, so they pulled it out of the release version - but made it available for free as a plug-in. So, it's not really adding a plugin, it's return Office to the way it was supposed to be. :)

In the Beta version of 2007 saving as a .pdf document was an option included, in the final version as mentioned you must download the plugin

In the Beta version of 2007 saving as a .pdf document was an option included, in the final version as mentioned you must download the plugin
Thank you for restating what was already stated.

In honor of such an event, I must quote Quinton Crisp:
My function in life was to render clear what was already blindingly conspicuous

:p :laugh: :lick:

LOL.. well, technically, as I remember, adobe installs a plug-in to add the toolbar option in previous version of word.. so either way you're working with a plugin (unless i'm wrong about adobe using a plugin - i have been known to be wrong... on occasion.. from time to time..) It may be that the adobe plug-in doesn't work with office2k7, or that the new install overwrote the plugin and didn't carry it over. Have you tried to repair/uninstall/reinstall adobe to see if it would readd the adobe icon?

edit: oh.. in case you didn't know (and for the education of anyone else that might care) the Microsoft plugin to save as pdf was supposed to be part of Office 2007. Adobe threatened to sue MS, so they pulled it out of the release version - but made it available for free as a plug-in. So, it's not really adding a plugin, it's return Office to the way it was supposed to be. :)

Thanks for the clarification, i think :s

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back