Whats microsoft up to? (1 of the Dumbest Articles Ever)

Discussion in 'Green Room' started by XeoNoX, Feb 2, 2003.

1. XeoNoX

XeoNoX OSNN Senior Addict

This is pretty dumb, and makes absolutley no sense.

http://slate.msn.com/id/2077945/

They are lucky they dont have forums or they would have been flamed by now by so many people. That article was acutally on the front page of MSN.com .

2. XeoNoX

XeoNoX OSNN Senior Addict

3. melon

melon MS-DOS 2.0 Political User

That article is flat out retarded.

"The conventional wisdom has been that recordable DVDs would replace the VHS cassette as the media of choice for archiving TV shows and movies. But that vision seems pretty shortsighted. The more logical next step is for digital videorecorders to be networked to the family PC."

Well, guess where all those videos are going to have to go once their hard drives are jam-packed full of video?

Oh and I want a Sony DRU-500AX. Although I figure that if I wait, I might be able to cash in on cheaper, faster DVD+-RW's. I can't wait to use it for independent video production.

Melon

4. Zedric

Zedric NTFS Guru Folding Team

LOL, yeah that guy doesn't know much about what he's talking about, that's for sure! :D

Burned DVD:s are for storage, not for sharing.

5. Burpster

Burpster Guest

i definately am getting a DVD burner ....besides its only his opinion and what does he know!! if there is a device to record the TV with thats better than VHS ....i'll get one for the wife ..

6. Nick M

Nick M Moderator

That man is a fool. Burn DVDs are for file storage, one disk, 6 gigabytes, that's really nice.