Whats a SIM Card?

Discussion in 'Portable Devices & Gadgets' started by Hypnotoad1234, Jan 19, 2006.

1. Hypnotoad1234

Hypnotoad1234 Nintendo WIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Uh...I think the title says it all... but iincase you forogt whats a SIM Card?:nervous:

2. omg its nlm

omg its nlm lvl 17 Hax Folding Team

Subscriber Identity Module

GSM phones require a small electronic chip, called a SIM card, to be inserted into a slot in the handset. This SIM card is the “heart” of your phone – it contains your mobile phone number, your phone book, and all of your registration information. The Mobal GSM SIM card provides you with access to over 320 GSM networks in over 160 countries

(yahoo search ;) )

3. Kush

Kush High On Life!

its basically your phone line for phones that accept them
    this is what it looks like
    [​IMG]

4. hpgraphics117

hpgraphics117 OSNN One Post Wonder

Well said. I should note that a SIM card will not store your pictures. So, when you change phones, like I did, you may lose all of that unless.......you download the P2K file on this site. I'm so glad I found this place.

5. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

SIM cards only store simple phone book listings (name, number/email address). You cannot store detailed information about contacts on the SIM card (e.g. birthday, etc.).

6. Kush

Kush High On Life!

its more of your line than anything, yeah it can store some names, but is very limited in every way (only stores a certain amount, i think the newest ones are about 200 havent checked, and they dont support more than one number for a contact, etc) i leave my phone book on my phone, but this kind of stuff is old news in the middle east and europe, i still don't undresstand why the states and canada are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO far behind when it comes to cell phone technology when they have lots of other good technologies?

7. Hypnotoad1234

so its basicly what makes a cingulair phone a cingulair phone?

8. madmatt

madmatt Bow Down to the King Political User

The Cingular logo. Any GSM phone uses a SIM card (it's apart of the technology that makes up GSM).

9. SPeedY_B

SPeedY_B I may actually be insane.

10. Hypnotoad1234

*bows* takna yousa