Whats a SIM Card?

Hypnotoad1234

Nintendo WIIIIIIIIIIIIII
Uh...I think the title says it all... but iincase you forogt whats a SIM Card?:nervous:

Subscriber Identity Module

GSM phones require a small electronic chip, called a SIM card, to be inserted into a slot in the handset. This SIM card is the “heart” of your phone – it contains your mobile phone number, your phone book, and all of your registration information. The Mobal GSM SIM card provides you with access to over 320 GSM networks in over 160 countries

(yahoo search ;) )

its basically your phone line for phones that accept them
this is what it looks like
sim-card.jpg

Well said. I should note that a SIM card will not store your pictures. So, when you change phones, like I did, you may lose all of that unless.......you download the P2K file on this site. I'm so glad I found this place.

SIM cards only store simple phone book listings (name, number/email address). You cannot store detailed information about contacts on the SIM card (e.g. birthday, etc.).

its more of your line than anything, yeah it can store some names, but is very limited in every way (only stores a certain amount, i think the newest ones are about 200 havent checked, and they dont support more than one number for a contact, etc) i leave my phone book on my phone, but this kind of stuff is old news in the middle east and europe, i still don't undresstand why the states and canada are SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO far behind when it comes to cell phone technology when they have lots of other good technologies?

The Cingular logo. Any GSM phone uses a SIM card (it's apart of the technology that makes up GSM).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back