What would make a vid card do this... (pic attached)

Discussion in 'Graphics Cards' started by Herkalees, May 31, 2002.

1. Herkalees

Herkalees Guest

Though the card is on it's way back to the seller for replacement, I still wonder what would make a brand new vid card do this. I attached a screen shot of my desktop, with the new card in use.

It is/was a Gainward GeForce 4 Ti4400 with 128 of DDR on her...
  2. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

Melbourne Australia
    Uh excuse me for asking, but what has it done? :confused:
  3. Herkalees

Herkalees Guest

Did you check out the picture? It's all messed up... IT DONE BAD!!! lol
  4. dreamliner77

dreamliner77 The Analog Kid

Red Sox Nation
    just out of curiosity, did you try reseating the card in the agp slot?
  5. Herkalees

Herkalees Guest

I had the card only 10 minutes before that happened... so not overclocked at all...

Inserted it into the AGP slot many-a-time before I said "screw it, it's broken"

Oh well, weirdness.
  6. Qumahlin

Qumahlin Moderator

Could be a heat problem with the stock board, it happens sometimes, a crappy core or memory gets in that can't support the default settings or such and causes graphical glitches. i'm sure the replacement will fix thing s:p
  7. Bytes Back

Bytes Back Ex Police Chief

Has to be bad video ram :)
  8. sconn

sconn Guest

it must most probably be the connector for the monitor cable on the video card. have u ever tried using ur monitor on a loose cable.. u will get that sort of effect. a somehow distorted picture.
  9. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

the year 2525
    I get this often while making up new PC's. I test all parts in a test bed with no way of holding the cards in there slots. if i catch a viddy card i get crap all over the screen & have to reboot. My old epox board is a little worn as well and if i firk around inside with the power on (i know i shouldnt but sue me) i get the same thing.
  10. Taurus

Taurus hardware monkey

Sacramento, CA
    stock cooling on those ti 4400 and 4600 is less than stellar. all i have to say.
  11. scriptasylum

scriptasylum Moderator

Des Moines,IA
    Before I buy new hardware, I like to check out user reviews first. TCComputers is usually where I buy mostly and they have a reviews section for each hardware item. The few Gainward items ALL show bad reviews. Sometimes they would have no vid or something. Maybe there's an issue with a line of Gainward cards?
  12. Sazar

Sazar F@H - Is it in you? Staff Member Political User Folding Team

Between Austin and Tampa
    awww... and all I wanted to say was thats a dang perdy desktop... and then I read it was all messed up... what a bummer... make em give you a free ti4600 just for a bad product :)