What type vehicle do you drive?

So, what vehicle do you drive?

• small to medium sized car

Votes: 32 52.5%
  • fricken tank (ala Cadalac/Grand Marque for example)

Votes: 4 6.6%
  • small pickup

Votes: 8 13.1%
  • large pickup (aka F-250 size or bigger)

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • Jeep

Votes: 2 3.3%
  • SUV

Votes: 7 11.5%
  • I'm with Arnie, Hummer all the way

Votes: 1 1.6%
  • Other/ please specify

Votes: 10 16.4%

• Total voters
zeke_mo said:
You live in sac huh? Its pretty damn hot down there. Us placerville ppl get 3-5 degrees cooler than you :p
tripple digits the past few days... and on through the weekend into next week. :cry: :dead:
i need to move.

Unleashed said:
Taurus - can't go wrong with a Veedub! My family (and sisters boyfriend who has a G-Werks modded Corrado G60 - 220bhp, 0-60mph in 6.4, 140 top end) all swear by them. I used to drive a Polo before my Merc, and my sister has a Golf Mk.2 GTi.
awesome. i drooled over carrados (SLC's in particular) until i learned about their infamous reliability problems. i also dreamt of a '92 GTi 16V, but they're so damned rare and i wanted something newer and a little more reliable.

zeke_mo said:
You live in sac huh? Its pretty damn hot down there. Us placerville ppl get 3-5 degrees cooler than you :p
Taurus said:
tripple digits the past few days... and on through the weekend into next week. :cry: :dead:
i need to move.

Aaaaaahhh... there's nothin like Frisco weather. I luv it. It can be hot and windy and foggy all at once. :p

gonaads said:
Hell, I think you don't even care. :p

ROFL, when I saw his list, my first impression was that he had a lot of tanks, which he decided to refer to as boats... :cool: Yes, I've heard some peeps refer to a caddy as a boat... :laugh: Then I saw they really were boats :suprised:

Sazar said:
Yes, black leather in Texas. Very clever :devious:

Just hope the A/C in your car never goes on ya ;) My car has cloth seats (which aren't black), and when that A/C wasn't working here in New Mexico :eek:

MPG going off of the readout on the dash. Gives out Drive time to empty and current MPG rating on gas tank amongst other things. Don't know how accurate it is :rolleyes:

My parents bought a new, umm, well mini-van last year. It has one of these computers on board, that reports all of this, along with an on-board cumpas and other such gadgets... Needless to say, they couldn't always agree on which mode they wanted the thing set in :D

But as to the MPG rating and also the drive time to empty, it worked off averages. Basically, depending on the accumulated driving conditions over some set time, it would very... So, if one was stuck in traffic, the average MPG would go down. Good highway driving, where one could open up and all, it would go up again.

If this is anything like the computer aboard my parents new vechicle, this figure will go up and down some, depending on your recent driving conditions...

this is my super efficient beast

9.5 mpg on the highway baby!

oh ... i have a m3 competition too but dont have a picture of it.

Attachments

• hummer.jpg
    hummer.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 98
El Pescador said:
The FireBird is used to drive back and forth to the airport.:rolleyes:
LOVE the Firebird! Admittedly not the best with WW2 vintage aircraft, but is that a "Texan"? We had a regular airshow in my area that I loved to attend. A few years ago they started to expand the airport, so I don't know when it'll be back.

ElementalDragon said:
My jeep has some nice thump. 2 12" subs in the back, plus a set of nice 6"x9"s, then the standard speakers in the front. always gotta laugh when i see these other odd looking cars with solid roof's and stuff go driving passed *cough*Element*cough* with their subs blasting and their weedwhacker exhaust system they probably paid $200-300 for just to make it sound almost the same as the John Deer Weedwhacker we have out in our shed, where 80% of what you hear is vibration noise coming from the car itself *cough*lancer's element*cough*. NO other car (cept for maybe those Trackers....... and maybe a Hummer that has a soft top) sounds better than a jeep with some subs. Even my brother agree's. the subs that are in my jeep used to be in his truck, and he said that after they were in my jeep and he put them back in his truck, he didn't like they way they sounded in his truck. now he has 2 14" subs in his truck....... it's like a 2fer. back massager AND source of bass.

Are you on crack, have you ever heard the elements sound system, and no i don't have some stick on exhaust what spastic would?

Lancer: didn't really mean that YOU had those funky little idiotic exhausts that you could shove a baseball into the end of and the ball wouldn't move a hair, and i don't really want to hear the sound system in an element cause i just flat out hate the way the car itself is too. EVERY hard-top car has it's limit as to how much thump it can have before something rattles. And i guess those stupid exhausts are not that popular in the UK? christ, you should come to Allentown, Pennsylvania, USA. you see one of those cars every 10 minutes at MOST when you're driving around that town. it's sad now that i can tell when a car has an exhaust like that just by the way the car itself looks. usually cars that have stupid crap like that are the ones that have body kits that are somewhere in the range of 3-5 different colors, with not one matching the ACTUAL car color. SOOOOOOO wish i could get a V8 in my jeep, with some nice chrome pipes coming out the sides under the doors. then we'd see some suitable noise. could start a damn weedwhacker and hang it out your door while gently squeezing the trigger in to imitate the sounds made from your car shifting and save urself $200+ on an exhaust system.

Waste of time putting a V8 into a Jeep. Most everyone uses them as "Urban Assault Vehicles", "Mall Transports" or a "Soccer Bus". Bleh! Just to go "cruisin"? No way.

I use to own a 1964 Jeep Gladiator Pickup, straight six, three on the tree. It was a beast. It was the last of the "Willy's" Jeeps before AMC bought them. Now that was a Jeep. I use to dirty that thing up to it's eyeballs in mud/dirt. Hell, I got in stuck in the mud once up to the doors. :p And the bottom of the doors sat 2 feet above the ground. I would never own a newer Jeep. They are not the same. They are all SUVs now. Go out into the woods, trails, get it muddy all over, get scatches on it from all the brush and shrubs and shiit. Then it's a Jeep.

But hey ElementalDragon, it's your ride man. You like it, great. My only problem is how all these former great true off-road vehicles got their nuts cut off, that's all. :)

It looked like this, only it was a dull yellow color.

apr03_07.jpg

gonaads said:
Waste of time putting a V8 into a Jeep. Most everyone uses them as "Urban Assault Vehicles", "Mall Transports" or a "Soccer Bus". Bleh! Just to go "cruisin"? No way.

I use to own a 1964 Jeep Gladiator Pickup, straight six, three on the tree. It was a beast. It was the last of the "Willy's" Jeeps before AMC bought them. Now that was a Jeep. I use to dirty that thing up to it's eyeballs in mud/dirt. Hell, I got in stuck in the mud once up to the doors. :p And the bottom of the doors sat 2 feet above the ground. I would never own a newer Jeep. They are not the same. They are all SUVs now. Go out into the woods, trails, get it muddy all over, get scatches on it from all the brush and shrubs and shiit. Then it's a Jeep.

But hey ElementalDragon, it's your ride man. You like it, great. My only problem is how all these former great true off-road vehicles got their nuts cut off, that's all. :)

It looked like this, only it was a dull yellow color.

apr03_07.jpg

My mom has a 99 or 2000 Jeep cherokee and they are pretty good for two trackin and muddin running and going up hills. Jeep seem to last longer because my g-pa had one for 85 that never had any problems besides the normal stuff plus it didnt rust or anything. He got a new one in 2000 and that one doesn't have any problems.

Took my blazer out with my best bud to a friends house and did some dune climbing cause he has dunes on his land and we had alot of fun untill the my bud and I were coming home :|. It started chugging but then it was fine then like 5 min later it almost stalled out and the brakes hardly worked. The brakes were bad in the first place but man they got hot and didnt wanna work at all so we pulled over and popped the hood cause of the chugging and the oil cap was gone...not sure if the cap had to do with anything but still. I wonder if with the cap it gives it the right pressure or somethin? So yeah we waited a bit and drove it home.

My stupid self just had to drive it while my mom and step dad went away still sunday. My bud and i were so scared coming home and we decided never to take it out again untill i get my license and the brakes and all that fixed lol.

1998 GMC yukon 4X4 6.0L V8
I have to have my V8 power......:)

didnt have a pic but i found one close enough...

Attachments

• 98yukon.jpg
    98yukon.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 98
Those things a gas hogs! With the pay check teens my age get I would have to use my check just to have a half a tank lol.

gonaads: why not put a V8 in a wrangler? not like it'd harm it in any way. it'd also make it pull hills quite a bit better. Also would probably be quite the beast in the snow........ nice beefy V8 with Detroit Lockers, 3" lift, and 32" tires.... HOW can you go wrong? (it already has the lockers and tires) thing has never gotten stuck in the snow. it's been driven INTO the snow quite a few times, but never got stuck in it. Actually made a friend of mine jealous cause he drives what would be considered a tank i guess...... and i took my jeep through a snow mound that came almost up as high as the front bumper, and his car can barely move in the snow.

edit: still gotta get a pic of my jeep. was gonna take one today, but then it started to rain quite heavily. didn't really wanna get my new camera waterlogged. wouldn't have been too good for it. probably snap one tomorrow when i get the chance.

El Pescador said:
To be candid, the FireBird actually belongs to my oldest daughter - and while it is still a Pontiac on the outside, the engine and drivetrain are highly-modified Oldsmobile components.
Lucky dog...I hope my daughter gets a nice vintage musclecar when she's old enough to drive AND she lets me drive it (probably wont :) )

El Pescador said:
The young lady pictured in the thread below is the actual owner of the North American AT-6 "Texan" (aka "Harvard" in the UK and the Commonwealth):
Whenever her traveling enterprise comes through, I pay her very handsomely to let me do the flying once aloft.
El Pescador
I'd pay handsomely just to be her passenger ;) ...(don't tell my wife).

TittleBitties said:
Those things a gas hogs! With the pay check teens my age get I would have to use my check just to have a half a tank lol.

i'm really not worried about the high gas prices. ;)
it takes $46 to top off the tank thats with (87) oct

tdinc said:
i'm really not worried about the high gas prices. ;)
it takes $46 to top off the tank thats with (87) oct

:eek:

It may only be $46 but it still doesn't mean its a gas hog lol.

I guess if you make enough money then really you don't have to worry about it much.

I use to have a 1978 Dodge Tradesman 250 MaxiVan (the streach size). It was a custom van and it had a 38 gallon tank.

Now this was about 6 years ago and I used to spend almost fifty bucks to full it up back then. Now at todays prices... You do the math. :p

Man am I glad I got rid of it.

ThePatriot said:
Lucky dog...I hope my daughter gets a nice vintage musclecar when she's old enough to drive AND she lets me drive it (probably wont :) )

hehe, now, if your daughter should be on a date, that would be one big "hell no" :D Somehow, parents, and dates, just don't mix :)

TittleBitties said:
It may only be $46 but it still doesn't mean its a gas hog lol.

I guess if you make enough money then really you don't have to worry about it much.

Well, if one makes the big bucks; one could afford expensive dinners every night and not even think about it...

As a college student, I know what a budget is ;) I also don't live on campus anymore, so have all the extra bills one gets (renting an appt), along with tuition, and without much in the way of income...

Perhaps in a years time I won't have to think about such things (after I graduate from one of my majors); but until at least then, I know how it is for those of us with less disposable income...

Son Goku said:
hehe, now, if your daughter should be on a date, that would be one big "hell no" :D Somehow, parents, and dates, just don't mix :)

Well, if one makes the big bucks; one could afford expensive dinners every night and not even think about it...

As a college student, I know what a budget is ;) I also don't live on campus anymore, so have all the extra bills one gets (renting an appt), along with tuition, and without much in the way of income...

Perhaps in a years time I won't have to think about such things (after I graduate from one of my majors); but until at least then, I know how it is for those of us with less disposable income...

Think the only person that can do that is Bill Gates...he can use money to wipe his ass and not have to worry about it.

TittleBitties said:
Think the only person that can do that is Bill Gates...he can use money to wipe his ass and not have to worry about it.

1131.jpg

heh heh :p

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back