what to do with 2meg adsl

both me + Geffy get really fast conections. me cus i'm @ college + Geffy cus he's @ uni. i get downloads in excess of 3mb a second.

aww yeah as for the cost.....ask the goverment:p

hrmm dug up some rough figures for various things:

RM 2Mb Schools' Leased Line Service (Inner London) £13,000.00
RM 2Mb Schools' Leased Line Service (Rest of UK) #
RM 2Mb Leased Line (Inner London) £18,000.00
RM 2Mb Leased Line (Rest of UK) #

Prices for our 'Rest of UK' services are calculated on a bespoke basis. Please contact the Sales team for a quotation, using the number provided below.
The prices for our Inner London services include £2,000 of installation charges.
To qualify for 'Inner London' pricing you need to have an 0207 telephone number. Any other prefix means that you should purchase a 'Rest of UK' service.
Prices do not include a router.
* Our online discount is not available on this part.
# For pricing information please call the Sales Advice Line.

RM 512K ADSL Broadband Service £1,347.50
RM 1Mb ADSL Broadband Service £1,747.50
RM 2Mb ADSL Broadband Service £2,222.50

All services now include a £147.50 set-up charge in year 1 (so the annual price is the stated price minus £147.50).
Per annum price reductions:
1Mb ADSL - was £1,700pa; now £1,600; £100 off!
2Mb ADSL - was £2,100pa; now £2,075; £25 off!

If geffy is at uni the chances are he will be connected to JAnet (http://www.ja.net/) via optical lines, JAnet is basically a HUGE backbone (with insane data transfer rates :)) that provides many schools and businesses with the internet, so using it at around 4am is your best bet, when most students are asleep :p :D
It still doesnt compare to Internet2 though. ;)

yep, I am part of the ja.net backbone wont be next year though, moving into own house, might get ADSL though

but too many people there, so to get to outside world it can drop down a fair bit

not quite sure who provides the service here.....jus that we have a dedicated line (no one else gets a share of it):p ,network is suplied by Rm though:huh:

geffy + henyman = *******s

i bet they filter all the good site eh!:blink:

Originally posted by XP Abuser

yup al pr0n is filtered......or so they think;)
also all downloads are filtered:mad: but it is great for surfing:cool:

Originally posted by XP Abuser

Nothing Filtered here

Geffy
Nothing Filtered here
Your uni has more sense than to use crappy RM software and filterering, in fact, most people do, RM really is useless.

I remember at our high-school, when you went to anything filtered, profain domain names/known sites etc, all you received was a text page "Access to this site is not permitted" or something equal to that. The work around? hit F5/refresh, voilla, site. Good work there RM!

at my school they used WebSense to keep people out of sites and block some IPs from net access.

But the allow set was all in one IP range so you change your PCs IP to one in the allowed Range and bingo you had access, but still filtered, they also stopped you from access after 23:00 and before 7:30 am

Rm is crap:huh: there filtering is sh!t and sucks donkey balls:eek:

i dont think f5 works.......... :p though using the i.p of a site is a good work around as only the title is filtered:D

Henyman
using the i.p of a site is a good work around as only the title is filtered:D
heh, always a good'un ;)
One of our college lecturers actually told us to do that once, which obviously opened the doors for the lesson to be used to sit idling on any site we wished :p

Oh, and they never filtered IRC either, and my mirc.exe.bmp was never deleted from my user area
msnmsg.exe was tho. :p :D

i have set up me own jirc client fully customized 2 how i want it so i can use it @ skool but the ports are still filtered:huh: i uploaded cgi:irc there now as well cus i know it works (demo on site lets me conect jus fine but it uses wrong servers) but i got a few probs with it cus i cant get it 2 work:(

jirc runs locally! its a common misconception that jirc (or any other java irc client) will allow you to bypass filters, it'll download the components to a local folder and run the "app" from the computer you are sat on.

As for CGI:IRC, its easy to setup, even I did it once! then I got told of by Mike (server owner), not many people like you being on IRC (script kiddiot heaven) with their IP, plus it's quite a resource hog.

I read somewhere of someone tryin to create a php IRC client, I am not sure how far they got though.
I have doubts about it though

dam it so why wont my CGI:IRC work?:mad: i no that a lot of servers dont like it hosted on there servers............so i wont tell them:p it's only 4 personal use anyhow:happy:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back