What Photo Software??

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by aletank, May 19, 2002.

1. aletank

aletank Guest

I'm lookin for some new Photo Software, I currenty have Corel Photo House 5(some funtions don't work under XP) and I am thinkin of somethin similar.

I want somethin easy to use with basic features/easy to understand but good results if poss, My friend has got Adobe PhotoShop 7 , and just lookin at the interface scares the **** out of me. LOL. I don't use this kinda program that often so i won't really get to to know how to use the more complex programs properly

What do u all use and how do u find it??

THANKS FOR ANY REPLYS

2. GoNz0

GoNz0 NTFS Stoner

get PS7 & keep your old paint proggy until you feel confident in using it.

3. Cosmin

Cosmin Graphic Designer

CorelDraw 10

Work fine under xp and isn't so complex ..

4. gothic

gothic LinuXPert

Corel Photopaint's interface is for the purely masochistic amongst you. There are other, simpler, offerings from Adobe, one of them is Photoshop Elements which is designed specifically for the home / small office user and is about the simplist image editing software out there, the name of the other evades me at the moment, but i'm pretty sure someone will jog my memory.

TOK

5. aletank

aletank Guest

Thanks for all the replys and info guys!!;)

I've just downloaded a trial of Ulead Photo Impact 7 to see how i go with that for now, But i might look in to Adobe Photoshop Elements. From what i've read on it , it seems to be angled towards the novice home user etc with good easy features.

THANKS AGAIN GUYS ;)

6. MAC

MAC Guest

Paint Shop Pro by JASC is easy to use, yet very powerful. There is a working demo you can get from there site, or it is available from many of the shareware sites.

7. stuy_b

stuy_b Guest

I use PSP7, its a great photo manipulaton package, with so many features/effects.

I'd recommend it to anyone.