what mp3 player is this??

mooo

thecyberninja
I might get this mp3 player from craigslist and wanted some more info on it but the person has not responded

it has the memory stick spot and all that but can't find it on they sony website

That's the old memory-stick based players. Can;t remember the model number, but it's supposed to allow users to use Memory Sticks as storage (from what I can remember).

oh damn is it supposed to be good at least? that is the kind i want

It's a sony walkman thinger.

Becareful with it, read up about supported formats because SONY is really particular about those things.

yeah my friend had one of those, (not the exact model) but u have to use their software, Open MG something, and he had lost the cd, and i couldnt find it on the net, because its linked to your mp3 player, something like that

themafia.69 said:
yeah my friend had one of those, (not the exact model) but u have to use their software, Open MG something, and he had lost the cd, and i couldnt find it on the net, because its linked to your mp3 player, something like that

You have to use their software? Yes, being careful with that, would be a good idea after Sony got caught suruptitiously installing root kits on people's comps :eek: Check that there software, very carefully, just to make sure there aren't any unpleasent surprises...

yeah son, but the thing was it was like literaly 5 or 6 years ago, not when this kind of root kit stuff was around, but who knows huh?

themafia.69 said:
yeah son, but the thing was it was like literaly 5 or 6 years ago, not when this kind of root kit stuff was around, but who knows huh?

Yeah this is true.

I still have one of these lying around although I haven't used one in years.

nope I never got a reply from the lady, so hell with her :p I just wanted a card based mp3 player so i could change for work and/or running..

I can get you the model no later today if you're still interested. I'd even offer to sell mine to you, but I don't have the CD that comes with OpenMG anymore. OpenMG is **** anyway, it makes you convert your mp3s into ATRAC3 format which causes them to lose quality, and not to mention that ATRAC3 is a crappy format.

But seriously, stay away from Sony, and that player is literally 6+ years old.

Card based players aren't that great because well the cards are really expensive. You are better off getting a USB-key type player.

Do they have rootkits in their hardware? :p
What does a rootkit do anyway?
Lord, I got a sony laptop and MD player.... erm.... of OpenMG on the laptop I think.....

ming said:
Lord, I got a sony laptop and MD player.... erm.... of OpenMG on the laptop I think.....

Nah the rootkit was only on their newer software. OpenMG is really old. You shouldn't have a problem.

Thanks for all the Help, I just told the person who was supposed to meet up with the lady not to do it because its poo :) saved me $60 w00t.

ming said:

a rootkit kind of leaves a backdoor open so a person can login through telnet,radmin,vnc stuff to check/watch/modify files. Think of it as those old school trojan programs where you run an infected exe and you are now open. Its easy way to "hack" and what a lot of script kiddies use because they don't want to actually learn.

mooo said:
a rootkit kind of leaves a backdoor open so a person can login through telnet,radmin,vnc stuff to check/watch/modify files. Think of it as those old school trojan programs where you run an infected exe and you are now open. Its easy way to "hack" and what a lot of script kiddies use because they don't want to actually learn.
ahh those were the days huh? i loved those lil trojans that let u take control of peoples computers, damn that was so entertaining

yea, i remember the "wack-a-mole" game that has some trojan in it (not sure the name of it) and then some backorphac or something like that. Another trojan program.. I miss those AOL days lol. When "phishing" was easy and it was all in good fun lol

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back