what is win xp 64 pro?

As far as I can tell its a corporate version of XP, u'd need a true 64bit PC though i think.

Its not for us consumers/home users.

it was designed for the Itanium chip. Intels much maligned and over hyped "next gen chip"

According to SmartComputing Magazine the 64-bit version, like duder wrote, is going to be run by more powerful processors like the Itanium and AMD Hammer, AFAIK. However, unless you are into heavy video producing, data crunching/compiling, or something similar, you don't need to worry about an upgrade. The reason the common user doesn't WANT 64-bit XP is because the processor (Itanium, Hammer, etc.) has to emulate 32-bit applications. Of course, this is all based on common users, but if you wanted to try it out, feel free. I actually wouldn't mind giving it a try just to see what the hell the difference is between 32 & 64-bit because honestly I have no damn idea. Hahaha.

Take care man.

very true 'sessed out' but prepare to lose your bank savings account.. u'll need new cpu, motherboard prob. memory too! thats just to try it!! lol

yup, win xp 64 will only work if you have a 64-bit capable processor, hence intel itanium or amd's forthcoming hammer.

amd

codename for 64-bit processor is hammer, new name: opteron or something like that.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back