What is This ???

Discussion in 'Windows Desktop Systems' started by Vorpal, Jul 21, 2002.

1. Vorpal

Vorpal Guest

Could someone tell me what this weird user entry is?

The only enabled users on my system would be the Admin and 1 other.

I've never gone into the Security Properties of a folder though -> so maybe I'm being stupid.

Thanks

2. Ramanuman

Ramanuman Guest

Scary...
    Just a wild guess, but it almost looks like you could have gotten hacked (?).

-Curious to see what more knowledgeable people will have to say.

3. Mattman_8

Mattman_8 Guest

i had the same thing on mine and i just deleted it. Has too many rights for me to not know what the heck it was.

It was the exact same number and i've had no problems yet? Still don't know what it is though been looking and have found nothing on it besides here.

Mattman_8

4. Hipster Doofus

Hipster Doofus Good grief Charlie Brown

How do you get to that box? I wanna see what mine looks like. :confused:

5. Twink

Twink Guest

every user has a unique id, like the one in the picture, it's how the system identifies them all. when a account is renamed you don't need to change the settings in there as it uses the id instead of the name. however when a account is deleted it doesn't remove the item from the list, it just has no username for it anymore hence the strange item displayed. I'm guessing you deleted some of the builtin accounts (microsoft support) or reinstalled windows without formatting. It's not big deal just remove it as the account no longer exists.

6. Dirk Diggler

Dirk Diggler Guest

If you open up your Registry and click the plus next to HKEY_Users, this number will be second from the bottom. Its the Administrator account. Nothing scary :D