What is the problem ???

dont worry i did the same thing.........but i was lucky my router came damage so i get the refund !!!!!

what is the difference between a cable which has RJ-45 connectors on both ends and a crossover cable ?

crossover is used to connect pc to pc w/out a hub. it allows comunnication between pc's.

a straight-tru cable has identical ends

a crossover cable has different ends

DAMN, now where can I buy this cable from ?

IT MUST BE CHEAP !!!!!!!!!!

And it worked !

I plugged the wire from my card and my brothers net card into the hub and it worked !

the price depends on the lenght....if u gonna use the hub u need a straight thru cable to connect the hub to the pc's.........if u have the external dsl modem i supposed u need a crossover to connect the modem to the hub ( at least thats my case)

DAMN, I can't return my router. It is brand new, some body want it for about £50, I bought it for 70 quid !

I aint even used it !

Originally posted by renakuajo
i have an external dsl modem plug it to a hub and from it i have few other pcs connected......to be on the internet i just need the modem and hub plug in, i think thats the best choice
This only works if your ISP is kind enough to give you more than one IP. Most ISP:s are not.

u see my modem works like a router so it assigns ip to the computers i have on the network, but i disable dhcp server on the modem and assing ip's manually

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back