what is the meaning of life

I was born therefore I am...I died therefore I was................:)

Originally posted by NegativeFactor
Are you taking the p*ss btw? If not I should see the head doctor quick!

You have your beliefs, please don't flame others for having theirs

Originally posted by DrMetallica
The purpose of life is to become the

1)dominant male

2)reproduce

3)die

Kinda sucks if your a women then eh?

It's just that nearly most of the people that hear 'the voice of god' end up in the mental hospital. Because God told them they needed to go to the local hospital and kill everyone in sight with an izzu.

I'm not saying that anyone here is going down the local hospital and stating to fire up. I can't prove that it's not the voice of God. I just hate religion because it is the 1 and only sole reason why the world is in constant war!

Originally posted by dealer
god talks to me

god talks to all of us, it's the voice you here in your heart of hearts
yeah, he talked to me when a girl i loved broke my heart :mad:

I thought the "Meaning of Liff" was 42

Or was that "The Deeper Meaning of Liff"

I don't think some peoples understand!

It's a contest, to see who can make the most money. So far I'm losing.

No metaphysical axiom can be proven to be necessary. Meaning, by its very nature, implies a metaphysical and teleological structure that is rooted in assumptions beyond mere matter. That is to say, you will be able to very easily poke holes in our presentation of the meaning of life, by definition. It wouldn't be the meaning of life if it were logically unassailable.

The only unassailable arguments these days are materialism and pure philosophical agnosticism. If you are dealing with someone who believes that the material world exists, you can win every argument by having the position that all that exists are atoms and molecules bouncing randomly around and that there is no moral or philosophical principle that can be proven to be true, or even to have any meaning. Life is completely pointless on a philosophical level, but if you want to continue filling your belly just for the sheer bloody- mindedness of it, Darwin pointed out the basic game plan and Ayn Rand filled in the egotistical details. Have at it.

If you have someone who is more clever and knows to argue that the material world may not exist, then there are not only no moral or philosophical principles that can be proven to exist, but indeed, there are no scientific principles that can be proven to exist either. You have sunken into solipsism, which of course can't be proven either, leaving you with no provable statements whatsoever. As before of course, if you wish to continue filling your non-existent belly with insubstantial morsels, there are plenty of other non-existent people who will apparently play that game.

Either that or it is to get laid as much as possible. *shrugs*

Originally posted by xsivforce
No metaphysical axiom can be proven to be necessary. Meaning, by its very nature, implies a metaphysical and teleological structure that is rooted in assumptions beyond mere matter. That is to say, you will be able to very easily poke holes in our presentation of the meaning of life, by definition. It wouldn't be the meaning of life if it were logically unassailable.

The only unassailable arguments these days are materialism and pure philosophical agnosticism. If you are dealing with someone who believes that the material world exists, you can win every argument by having the position that all that exists are atoms and molecules bouncing randomly around and that there is no moral or philosophical principle that can be proven to be true, or even to have any meaning. Life is completely pointless on a philosophical level, but if you want to continue filling your belly just for the sheer bloody- mindedness of it, Darwin pointed out the basic game plan and Ayn Rand filled in the egotistical details. Have at it.

If you have someone who is more clever and knows to argue that the material world may not exist, then there are not only no moral or philosophical principles that can be proven to exist, but indeed, there are no scientific principles that can be proven to exist either. You have sunken into solipsism, which of course can't be proven either, leaving you with no provable statements whatsoever. As before of course, if you wish to continue filling your non-existent belly with insubstantial morsels, there are plenty of other non-existent people who will apparently play that game.

Probably the Last sentance.....I hope;)

posted by Evil Marge
Probably the Last sentance, (Either that or it is to get laid as much as possible).....I hope;)

marge, could you pm to me a picture of yourself...thanx

i think it all boils down to whether or not you truly believe in a higher being.

i'm not taking about the droves of mindless robots who attend some form of church once a week and pretend that they are good people and that their god is an old man with a beard who hides in clouds and watches over them...i'm talking about truly believing that some higher intelligent being controls forces to one extent or another in the universe.

if you do, then life may hold more meaning.

if you don't, then we are simply here to perpetuate the species.

i haven't figured out which one i believe...there seem to be valid arguments for both systems of belief.

Ahhhh, the wonders of cut and paste ;) :D

Originally posted by Bytes Back
Ahhhh, the wonders of cut and paste ;) :D

took the words rite outta my mouth :D:D

also another-thing i dont get about the bible is when noah got 2 of every animal on a boat, ummmm, how?
dont animals kill each other?
what about the animals who have a life span of less than 40 days and 40 nights?
how did he keep the birds on the ship?
it must have been annoying with all those poisonous insects and snakes running around!
it would take years to catch 2 of every bug and animal in the world
why would god kill everyone in the world when he teaches forgiveness?

more food for thought :D :D

The meaning of life is “we are all going to die” unless you can solve the riddle?

For copies of the riddle please send me a $100 bill wrapped in a piece of paper containing the answer……………………….

Engage!

hmmm, If the material world does not exist, than everything we now as "alive" or "living" does not exist, therefor Life it self does not exist. If there is no life, there is no meaning...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back