What is in Windows XP Service Pack 1??

dunno what rated speed i got..just used the dialog box in IE

said 13 minutes left..probaly longer but not by much:)

Downloaded the German version still over the ms/premierdl.link on friday. Took my nearly 5 hours on a DSL connection and some harsh words because I was nearly an hour too late at a date. .."You like this computer more than me..."

hmm .. so what's inside ?

Well my folder Servicepackfiles contains exactly 1189 files. Sp1 replaces nearly every systemfile, as announced should fix about 400 bugs, there are some new drivers, USB 2 support, the possibility to hide socalled middleware like IE and Mediaplayer, ...
Did not discover something spectacular so far, but time will show.

well i got a online cable modem on the company's lan and have a speed of 1.25 mb a seccond so be smart get conected by cable

sp 1 include's some of the following:

It opens the windows structure so dirde party software can be fully intergrated whit windows.

it at's a function at the software menu so you can easeley delete microsoft software like mesenger and ie

It hase teh ms virtual machine include

All the updates and patches

windows will get much more stable and secure
and as i told ms during the beta it is just working much better after sp1 is installed s.

so 11-15 ours downloading is absolutely word it.

greeting bas

ok now that sp1 is installed how do i remove msn messenger ?

control panel

control panel / add remove /windows components

but I think I read somwhere all this does is remove access to it from start menu I dont think it uninstalls it

took me an hour and a half with cable :-D

Brad

so what about the "CD-Key Check up".....any problems installing it in a " MS black list keys"????

Have not seen one mention of that. Looks like nobody is game enough to see what will happen. :eek:

I seen a few posts

Its always the same it just closes it wont install on the all so famous black listed keys, we seen that with the beta sp 1's as well , what I am waiting to hear about is the windows updates when M$ starts cross matching the keys with their database and starts blocking out keys that were not made by M$ and are not in their database listed as valid keys

SP1 Download

I must either live close to Bill Gates, smoke the correct cigs, drink the right gin(Beefeaters), or my Cable Modem is better than I thought. I downloaded the entire SP1 in 28 minutes. I think it was 130-140MB's. Installed without a hitch. Hope it stays put without crashing!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AndersonLo
Back