What is an MIRC script?

Heeter

Overclocked Like A Mother
Hi Guys,

I have been using Mirc6.12 for the last long while. I pretty much only go on mirc to chat on #ntfs and #enyo and #geffy channels. Do I really need a script? I do not know what a script does to Mirc proggy, everything seems to be working fine without one, I guess. Can I create my own server in Mirc? What would I need?

I will always thank Geffy for spending some time with me a while ago showing me how Mirc worked, as I couldn't even open the program before his help. Thanks, Bud.

Heeter

In Mirc, go to help and type script

there is alot of good help in there

also on the mirc site.

you dont need any scripts realy ;)

i used to write my own, then i moved on to hydrairc :D

Do I really need a script?

Nah. A mIRC script is basically an add-on of sorts, to customize commands, make IRC looks pretty, etc -- a custom copy of mIRC or any IRC client, if you will.

Can I create my own server in Mirc? What would I need?

You'd need a pc/server capable of running an IRC daemon (a program you run to host an IRC server).

Is this IRC Daemon a free download? Where can I find it?

Thanks for the help.

Heeter

Scripts = God no! They're the scurge of IRC.

Why would you want to run your own IRCd? If you just want your own channel, find a server with services, and simply /join a channel, register it and so forth.

Great source for IRC Help: http://irchelp.org/

Your right speedy.

Just gonna stick with the simple things....

Heeter

Scripts are useful to automate repetitive things. Lots of the scripts for mIRC out there though are just a pile of crap. I've used PnP for a long time. Development for it has stopped, but it's good, simple, and has what I need.

i am a big fan of ircn, its pretty basic and the tools with it are very useful

I would stick w/ the rule, the best and really the only script you should use is the one you write yourself :)

devynal said:
Nah. A mIRC script is basically an add-on of sorts, to customize commands, make IRC looks pretty, etc -- a custom copy of mIRC or any IRC client, if you will.

You'd need a pc/server capable of running an IRC daemon (a program you run to host an IRC server).

I think me means 'server' in the sense of a file server, but i'm not very clear on what he means...

I did mean just a file server.

SpeedyB made sense. Not really something I wanna busy myself with right now.

Heeter

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back