What drivers to use (nVidia)

lieb39

Apple lover, PC User
Hello everyone,

I've never really had a good experience with drivers. I have a XFX Nvidia Geforce 4 ti4200 with 128mb ddr ram. I just installed directx 9 and i'm having a few problems. What driver set should I get and whats the link? (Direct link would be nice)

Thank you,

lieb39

No problems here :
1'st pc : GF FX 5200 Leadtek
second : GF2 MX 400 Asus

Originally posted by lieb39
Hello everyone,

I've never really had a good experience with drivers. I have a XFX Nvidia Geforce 4 ti4200 with 128mb ddr ram. I just installed directx 9 and i'm having a few problems. What driver set should I get and whats the link? (Direct link would be nice)

Thank you,

lieb39

Alot of times you have to expriement with the different drivers. Some act different depending upon your setup. At least for me.

First make sure you got rid of all the old Nvidia files. Especially the 3.xxx stuff. There is a utility for that. Someone post the link I forgot it.

I used 41.09 for a long time it was stable and none of the newer ones seemed to be any faster.

Nvidia has been playing games with the texture drawing to make their benchmarks higher with no "in game" improvement and poorer image quality.

Have a look at the topics posted in the driver Forum where you can find out more info on Nvidia drivers and what may suit you better also direct driver links are posted in there too.

My opinion are the 43.51 whql and the 44.03 drivers are the best.

been runnig 44.03 for 10 days now dont seem to have any problems so far (tempts fate ) doesnt seem to be as much of a perfomance increase as posted ,only improved my 3d mark by 20 to 10950

i just get the latest Official ones everytime along side direct x 9.0a, never had anyproblems @ all

Members online

No members online now.

Latest profile posts

Also Hi EP and people. I found this place again while looking through a oooollllllldddd backup. I have filled over 10TB and was looking at my collection of antiques. Any bids on the 500Mhz Win 95 fix?
Any of the SP crew still out there?
Xie wrote on Electronic Punk's profile.
Impressed you have kept this alive this long EP! So many sites have come and gone. :(

Just did some crude math and I apparently joined almost 18yrs ago, how is that possible???
hello peeps... is been some time since i last came here.
Electronic Punk wrote on Sazar's profile.
Rest in peace my friend, been trying to find you and finally did in the worst way imaginable.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
naeemsafi
Back